Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Did anybody already succeed in fitting 2 turbos on a 2.5 V6 ?
What was the gain ? and how much is this difficult ?

Just an idea.....

cheers,

Val

G

·
But there are some other idea`s here http://www.ahmotorsports.co.uk[/QUOTE]

those throttle boddies look quite intresting wonder how much more power they would give :D and if you would need ear defenders when driving :cheese: :cheese: bet there bloody exspencive though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Mate of mine did it to a 164 motor fitted to a Stratos replica. Quite a bit more room to work with than in a 155 and it was still as tight as hell, not to mention hot. Made somewhere around 400bhp/450ft/lb at the end. Cost BIG bucks, kept playing up, eventually caught fire. Any more than about 200bhp/200ft/lb through that fwd 155 chassis and you are wasting your time IMHO. Wouldn't even be much good at point and squirt unless you fit an LSD.

Buy a Q4 perhaps??

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Standard SZ/RZ wheels are 7 x 16 front & 8 x 16 rear. Steve Chambers does a set of 19's in various widths but can't find his contact details right now but they are mega expensive.

Phil

G

·
sub555 said:
But there are some other idea`s here http://www.ahmotorsports.co.uk
those throttle boddies look quite intresting wonder how much more power they would give :D and if you would need ear defenders when driving :cheese: :cheese: bet there bloody exspencive though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thats my mates car!!!! :D :D and yes I've bin out in it! oooooooweee
and its not yet run in!
You dont wanna know how much the engine cost, but its got ultra big valve heads, cams 3.5 litre conversion, throttle bodies etc etc..300bhp+ :D
I'm just doing some air boxes for it now for him, pity cos it sounds glorious.
There is a guy doing twin turbo 75's...check it out he's mad as a badger!
http://www.cmos-engineering.com/ar75/alfalink.html

G

·
thats my mates car!!!! :D :D and yes I've bin out in it! oooooooweee
and its not yet run in!
You dont wanna know how much the engine cost, but its got ultra big valve heads, cams 3.5 litre conversion, throttle bodies etc etc..300bhp+ :D

i was thinking about getting a set for my 20 16v 155 just to add a few more ponies under the bonnet :D :D :D but wonderd what the price would be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: how much did your mate pay for his throttle bodies??

G

·
[
i was thinking about getting a set for my 20 16v 155 just to add a few more ponies under the bonnet :D :D :D but wonderd what the price would be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: how much did your mate pay for his throttle bodies??[/QUOTE]

He got the lot done at once but just lets say it wasnt cheap!
Throttle bodies for a four cylider would probably cost somwhere in the region of twelve to fifteen hundred quid, plus vat plus setting up.
It would probably give a good 25bhp, better response o'h and a glorious intake roar!
Check out the AHmotorsport web site I'm sure theres prices for throttle bodies on there somewhere...

G

·
it was just an idea for stage 7 coversion on my engine ;) but iv e allready spent a fourtune so it seems a lot of money for just 25bhp :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
sub555 said:
thats my mates car!!!! :D :D and yes I've bin out in it! oooooooweee
and its not yet run in!

i was thinking about getting a set for my 20 16v 155 just to add a few more ponies under the bonnet :D :D :D but wonderd what the price would be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: how much did your mate pay for his throttle bodies??

Sub the throttle bodies listed on ahmotorsports site for the 2.0 8 Valve are £240 might be worth an e mail to get a price for the 2.0 16 valve :D :D

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Autodelta do supercharger kits, if money is no object...

saw them NAD last year wit tiny things that probably will will fit under your bonnet

autodelta

san

1 - 14 of 14 Posts