Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any pics of the belt routes, ancileries (alternator, steering pump) and the way they all should hang on to the engine, also engine mounts ? need some to try to figure out how to get the 3.0 engine into a 2.5 engine bay

The conversion isnt going well, everytime the engine is built up they find summat else thats wrong and needs to be modified.

And the high lift cams from the 2.5 are to short for the heads. Dammit.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I did say the cams were a different length ;) Don`t wanna sell em do ya ????Will pay a fair price for em :D

I aint got a picture to hand but can`t you mount the alternator and power steering on the block as they would have been on the 2.5 :confused: or are the mounting points in a different position :confused: or is it just they are stuck for space against the inner wing :confused:

Might be time to suggest cutting and modifying the engine mounts to move the whole lump to the nearside an inch

Either that or tell to stop messing about and just it fitted :rolleyes:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking of making a couple of pan stands out of the cams, although theres some dutch guys interested in putting then in thier engines so we'll see

To be honest after 4 months in bits, we carnt remmber which bits fit which engine, the 2.5 bits are much newer really, so trying to limit any further problems by mounting them to the 3.0 block, but everything needs fitting 2/3 times trying to get it right, turning into a nightmare really. I dont think the 1 inch to the left will help, thats only needed for the 24V, dont fancy cutting and lenthening the drive shafts either !!!!

High lift cams for the 3.0 come in at 420 quid and give 250 BHP.... a nice round number i feel

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
You can always just get a set of SZ cam`s or get your`s re profiled for around £280 to whatever spec you want ;) ;)

Looks like i might be havin some fun soon as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speed freak said:
You can always just get a set of SZ cam`s or get your`s re profiled for around £280 to whatever spec you want ;) ;)

Looks like i might be havin some fun soon as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ah the cam length, I thought I mentioned this a while back.

155 V6 cams are unique to 155. You should be able to fit the cams. You need to use the 3.0 pulleys.

I actually told Squadra Tuning this. I think he didn't believe, until he did a conversion to one 155 V6. Actually he used Spider SOHC V6 cams.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
75evo said:
Ah the cam length, I thought I mentioned this a while back.

155 V6 cams are unique to 155. You should be able to fit the cams. You need to use the 3.0 pulleys.

I actually told Squadra Tuning this. I think he didn't believe, until he did a conversion to one 155 V6. Actually he used Spider SOHC V6 cams.
Well i dunno, the garage is doing all my work, but they said there was no way they would fit which ever pulleys they tried. Quite dissapointed really, i know the 3.0 has far more torque and should be faster than the orignal tuned 2.5 , but im going to end up with 210BHP again rather than 240 ish, unless i buy the C&B cams and strip the engine again.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cream said:
Well i dunno, the garage is doing all my work, but they said there was no way they would fit which ever pulleys they tried. Quite dissapointed really, i know the 3.0 has far more torque and should be faster than the orignal tuned 2.5 , but im going to end up with 210BHP again rather than 240 ish, unless i buy the C&B cams and strip the engine again.
Squadra Tuning did a spider cam swap in a 155 2.5 V6. At first he didn't quite believe me when I said it didn't fit. Later on he found out and then told me he used 3.0 pulleys, and the short shaft which connects the cams to the pulley.

If you are interested I know where you can get modifed 155 V6 cams. You can email me offline. Made by a reputable South African tuner. Price is about US$400. So good for you, since the Sterling is really shiny these days :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts