Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm new which means I'll be a pain:lol: As my 99 156 V6 seems okay
bar a few bits on the MOT front, All going well I'll be changing the Timing belt
plugs and water pump very soon. But where to go? as I'm in Norwich the
obvious place is the Alfa shop? any other places to go as I'm a total new boy...
Many thanks in advance.

Best Colin.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
My Dad always used Alfashop and my Brother has just started to use them since moving back over that way. There's a Desira there aswell.

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
You will need a timing belt, timing belt tensioner, 2 x idler pulleys, 6 x spark plugs, 6 x spark plug gaskets, 2 x cam cover gaskets, 1 x waterpump (comes with gasket), coolant. Worth checking the condition of the auxiliary belt while its off and if it is showing its age, replace it. Check the condition of all the pulleys that the aux belt runs on and change any that are rough or have play. I wouldn't advise changing them all as its a bit expensive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been quoted £709 including vat for all that although I'm not sure it includes
the auxiliary belt? and not any pulleys, Glad I only paid what I paid for the car;)

Colin.

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
You need to find out exactly what it includes before you can tell if it is a good deal or not. If you aren't changing the idler pulleys for the cambelt you may as well not bother doing the job at all in my opinion. The amount of dead V6s I've seen because of play in the idler pulley allowing the belt to slip off until it starts rubbing away against the inside of the belt casing is unreal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry when I said not the auxiliary belt or pulleys I ment on that side of things
the price I've been quoted includes the timing belt, Tensioner , both idler pulleys
Water pump with metal impeller 6 plugs plus gaskets, rocker cover gaskets,
anti freeze..

Colin.

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
Thats not a bad price, where have you been quoted that out of interest? We might be able to do that a little cheaper, we have on our website £845 inc vat but that also includes Valvoline 10W60 racing oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter & full air con service including a regas. We are a fair old drive from Norfolk though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts