Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When doing my Thermostat and rear bank plugs the other week I was having difficulty getting the inlet pipe back on to the throttle body. It just wouldn't sit straight and when I tightened the jubilee clip it would just pop off again. It is pretty much rammed on now but probably not sealed well and contributing to my occasional lumpy idle.

I noticed on a few threads that the battery should be 175mm, I measured mine at 190mm so I am guessing this is way too tall.

My battery has 570CCA and 60AMP capacity. Is this correct? I notice all my dash lights go out when I crank the engine and the starter is a little slower than I would expect. Is this normal Or is it about time I got a new battery?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Gt 3.2 is 175 as I change mine 2 weeks ago 075 type battery.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine is 190mm high. There is a section of the intake pipe which rests on the battery. If it's 175 then it will not rest but will still fit. Also if u get the wrong height your battery strap will not be tight.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Is the strap meant to be tight? On my 156 the strap is loose but the battery is clamped down tight. I assumed the strap is a extra safety thing in case the clamp fails?

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Is the strap meant to be tight? On my 156 the strap is loose but the battery is clamped down tight. I assumed the strap is a extra safety thing in case the clamp fails?
The strap is meant to be tight.... There are 2 versions/lengths available, one for 190 mm hight, one for 175 mm

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, both should fit, depending on the size of the strap.....
What I am saying though is that My intake pipe will not seal on the Throttle body because the battery is in the way. So yes, it fits but not properly.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What I am saying though is that My intake pipe will not seal on the Throttle body because the battery is in the way. So yes, it fits but not properly.
Just get the 175 and make sure it's the right for the 3.2. Mine was a 175 but was not big enough for the engine, it now runs better with the correct one. Why people, especially V6 owners would skimp on an under powered battery I dont know..

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Your battery is only as good as your earth strap, and I've replaced quite a few now. Every single car I've fitted a new earth strap to has had improved starting and running.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your battery is only as good as your earth strap, and I've replaced quite a few now. Every single car I've fitted a new earth strap to has had improved starting and running.
Thanks Dan, I will give that a shot too.

Any word in this airbox price?

Cheers,

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My local motorfactors have the right battery but currently out of stock. I measured my existing battery and it is showing 12.3 volts. That's a little low for a car that was only run 12 hours previously isn't it? The earth looks ok but looks like it is starting to go brittle so will replace.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts