Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i cracked it with bushes for the ARB, but as you can see its way to big.
The bush is 15 mm diameter internally but obviously to big to fit in the saddle.
I'm contemplating trying to make a universal saddle to fit but not sure about how to go about it yet.
I'm assuming that the bar is no longer available from Alfa ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The bushes just hold the ARB in place. Changing to PU has no effect on its function as far as I can see but a lot easier to fit.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bushes just hold the ARB in place. Changing to PU has no effect on its function as far as I can see but a lot easier to fit.
Not quite sure what you mean Danny, my issue is how to secure the bush onto the ARB then bolt onto the subframe.
Am I being thick ?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I just meant seems like a lot of effort to fit PU bushes, if they are the wrong size for the saddle, for little gain. I am assuming rubber ones are still available.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just meant seems like a lot of effort to fit PU bushes, if they are the wrong size for the saddle, for little gain. I am assuming rubber ones are still available.
No that's the point Danny, they aren't available for the V6 .
You have to buy the complete ARB, that's if you can find one, that's why I thought I'd cracked it finding 15mm diameter bushes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No mate the front, you can still buy the rear arb, just !
The front on the v6 is scarce as rockin horse !
Thats why i was chuffed i could get 15mm bushes because the V6 ARB is 15mm diamater, the twinnie is 22mm and you could get 22mm bushes no problem.
My options are, buy Alfaholics kit, very expensive but so nice !
Try and find a new standard ARB, not much chance. Somehow make the new bushes fit, I'm not sure which route to take.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
366 Posts
When I was looking for bushes for the Lancia Beta I mailed powerflex with the dimensions and they were good enough to look through the catalogue to see what would fit ( Ferrari 355 bushes !! )

They could not have been more helpful - even splitting a pack of 8 for me. You could try them [email protected] if they know they're nla from Alfa they might even consider a batch if nothing else fits.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
No mate the front, you can still buy the rear arb, just !
The front on the v6 is scarce as rockin horse !
Thats why i was chuffed i could get 15mm bushes because the V6 ARB is 15mm diamater, the twinnie is 22mm and you could get 22mm bushes no problem.
My options are, buy Alfaholics kit, very expensive but so nice !
Try and find a new standard ARB, not much chance. Somehow make the new bushes fit, I'm not sure which route to take.

:smoker: https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-se...ource=powerflexbulletins&utm_term=PFF1-804-15 :happy:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I thought i cracked it with bushes for the ARB, but as you can see its way to big.
The bush is 15 mm diameter internally but obviously to big to fit in the saddle.
I'm contemplating trying to make a universal saddle to fit but not sure about how to go about it yet.
I'm assuming that the bar is no longer available from Alfa ?
Another part out of production or increasingly difficult to find.
How did you go finding these? I need these as well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's hoping

Another part out of production or increasingly difficult to find.
How did you go finding these? I need these as well.
I've talked to the technical guy at power flex, it looks like the bushes are almost the correct size but I'll know more when they turn up next week.
I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At last ARB bushes that fit the V6 :thumbup::thumbup
The anti roll bar and saddle brackets were shot blasted, painted and fitted up with the new Powerflex bushes. https://www.powerflex.co.uk/blog/nl2016-14-alfa-romeo-gtvspider-95-05
The last part of the puzzle, finally its now installed on the new subframe which is now back on the car.
I cant believe its took nearly three weeks on and off but now i think about it Ive put on a new subframe, drop links, track rod ends, anti roll bar, wisbones, springs, shock absorbers, top mounts,manifolds and renewed nearly every bolt going !
The only fly in the iontment is a stripped bolt on the brake caliper, next job is to re-thread it and get the car back on its wheels.
I found a really good supplier for bolts and fasteners, everything from trim clips to odd size bolts. Its called Spalding Fasteners - Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Rivets etc. Low prices, fast delivery and they are very helpfull:thumbup:
Also a big thanks to Philip from Alfashop, nice chap :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Great work (& perseverance) Jon. I saw these on the powerflex site over the weekend and was thinking of ordering them. I take it you have the 804-15 bushes for the V6?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great work (& perseverance) Jon. I saw these on the powerflex site over the weekend and was thinking of ordering them. I take it you have the 804-15 bushes for the V6?
Yes it's the 804-15 bush, odd that it's listed as 2003-2005 model year. The tech guys sent me a scematic and the only slight difference is the poly bush is about 3mm narrower in depth than the original rubber item, which I put down to the difference in compression of the materials .

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Thanks. I'll get those ordered��

1 - 20 of 29 Posts