Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS ight came one so i jacked up the car to take a look. When removing a front wheel i noticed the last guy to work on the hubs did not ziptie, what i think is the ABS sensor cable, against the upright. The rim has rubbed its was right through the cable.

Just to be sure, it runs from the top, back of the wheel arch from the motor compartment down to the hub just behind the disc. Would this be the ABS sensor?

Also it looks like the unit presses into the hub, not like it can be removed. Am i wrong?

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
That does sound like the ABS sensor cable.

Depending on the age of the car, a new ABS sensor is either £70 or £30...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David, always good answers from you. Dont know where i could get one, cant get a place on google that sells.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
It could well be a main dealer only part, but try Alfashop.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I've never found one anywhere but Alfa, despite looking hard.

They can be a bit of a fiddly-arse to fit too so good luck :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really what i wanted to hear. Maybe better to get her to the local. Just to ease my curiosity, how do you remove the sensor from the hub part. It looks like it just presses in, does it?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Yes but they don`t press out quite so easily. Be gentle, use lubricant and gently prise it out with little screwdrivers :)

Its ok to do yourself, it can just be a bit fiddly threading everything through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts