Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m not up to date with the waterpump situation nowadays. If I get an aftermarket unit, is it a lottery whether it has a metal impeller or plastic? Or are they all metal now? What brand of rollers and tensioner are recommended? Also the cambelt itself, what brand do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I think most are metal now but its usually all the specalists supply .. iirc correctly skf supplied oem rollers and Gates oem belts.. can get a kit for under 200.00 with skf and gates belt pump around 70 and a full aux kit for around 100 too..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think most are metal now but its usually all the specalists supply .. iirc correctly skf supplied oem rollers and Gates oem belts.. can get a kit for under 200.00 with skf and gates belt pump around 70 and a full aux kit for around 100 too..
Thanks
Seen SKF kits on eBay complete with pump and belt. Waiting for info from seller on what brands pump and belt are.
Sorry, what’s an aux kit?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
most geniune skf kits have a gates belt
thats aux kits has three policys and belt.. did mine when i did my belt.. plus spark plugs and coil packs as i was getting faults

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah, of course. Thanks
Went for gates belt and pulleys, SKF waterpump. Dayco for aux rollers and tensioner

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah, of course. Thanks
Went for gates belt and pulleys, SKF waterpump. Dayco for aux rollers and tensioner
For near future reference, all parts has arrived now. SKF waterpump has metal impeller, made in italy. The Gates cambelt kit has rollers from INA. All dayco bits made in italy. Very pleased so far, all seems to be good quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts