Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,

i am looking for advice. i want to upgrade my Beige 2008 Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed blaupunkt cd stereo. i have a CD changer connected (came with the car)

i purchased a connector with a jack socket but it doesnt seem to work even connected to where the cd changer was.

does anyone have any advice about finding a way to connect my iphone/ipod or a suitable upgrade to the blaupunkt system?

many thanks in advance

G

·
I have one of these: XCarLink 2 iPod Music Interface for Alfa Romeo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It works very well for me. You plug it into the CD changer socket at the back of the Blaupunkt, and the unit can sit in the space underneath the radio, behind the dashboard. There's a lead which terminates in an iPod multi-connector which you can run into your glove compartment, where the iPod can sit.

Sound quality is very good, it uses the digital out of the iPod and converts to analogue for injection into the Blaupunkt.

Functionality is pretty good, you can FFWD and RWD on tracks, skip tracks etc. I think it also has the capability to control up to 10 playlists on the iPod although to be honest, I just leave my iPod in random and skip a track if I don't fancy what comes up.

Overall, a pretty neat solution for 70 quid which keeps everything out of view but allows you to fully utilise your iPod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one of these: XCarLink 2 iPod Music Interface for Alfa Romeo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It works very well for me. You plug it into the CD changer socket at the back of the Blaupunkt, and the unit can sit in the space underneath the radio, behind the dashboard. There's a lead which terminates in an iPod multi-connector which you can run into your glove compartment, where the iPod can sit.

Sound quality is very good, it uses the digital out of the iPod and converts to analogue for injection into the Blaupunkt.

Functionality is pretty good, you can FFWD and RWD on tracks, skip tracks etc. I think it also has the capability to control up to 10 playlists on the iPod although to be honest, I just leave my iPod in random and skip a track if I don't fancy what comes up.

Overall, a pretty neat solution for 70 quid which keeps everything out of view but allows you to fully utilise your iPod.
fantastic. thank you for the advice:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts