Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

tomorrow i am going on a stag do to chester races then for a few brewski's round chester in the evening :)

the best man who has been organising it said that everybody who wanted to come to the races had to pay £34 for their ticket in advance as he didn't want to go and buy 20 odd tickets then some people not turn up on the day and himself be out of pocket. furry muff :)

the problem comes when you find out the evening before you go, he has not bought the tickets and instead ******ed our money away :eek::mad::rant::mad::tut:

ok no problem we just have to pay on the door its only £11 just we dont get the fancy bar restaurant ect. :meh: personally id rather watch it up close :)
just f3ckin annoying :rant:

i'm not worried about the money i'll get it back eventually, its just the this guy is so unreliable and untrustworthy i dont know why he is best man or why we entrusted him with our money or the responsibility to book said tickets. should've known better :rolleyes:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Playing a wurzel cd and having sex with your sister is not going to kill him, jeez and they say Alabama is rough :eek:
A combine harvester is a lethal killing machine in the wrong hands. Chop, scoop, mash, then disperse over the sacred ground of Shepton Mallet... You have been warned :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I think that is disgusting that he's p1ssed away getting on for £700 of his friends money ... but probably worse than that his single most important task is to organise the stag do ... failed again (oh well I'm sure a couple of brews will set the world to rights :thumbs:)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that is disgusting that he's p1ssed away getting on for £700 of his friends money ... but probably worse than that his single most important task is to organise the stag do ... failed again (oh well I'm sure a couple of brews will set the world to rights :thumbs:)
its pretty poor. tbh i think its only about 400 quid (only :rolleyes:) as only 12 of us paid him some of the other lads booked their own ticket.
this will cause further problems though now as the group will be split up for the afternoon :(

surprisingly the groom doesn't seem that bothered about it, either that or he doesn't want to slag his best mate publicly.

we'll make a good day of it non the less :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just hope it's a good day and it can be put aside for the stag. Fella sounds like a bit of a tube though. Hope you have a good time.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers

it will be a good day,

as far as i know the best man is no longer coming, as all this came to light last night when he phoned the stag to say he couldn't make it as he was skint, the stag then asked him to drop the tickets round before we went and thats when he admited to not actually buying them and spending every ones money. :tut:

due to this and his previous of being a complete ar$e no one is offering to lend him any money so that he can make it, serves him right really. i just feel sorry for the stag really as this is bound to put a small dent in the day and a stag do without the best man, cant think theres been to many if them.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Might be a good thing that he is not coming, after a few beers you lot might have decided to have it out with him and give him a slap :lol:

Well out of order and obviously doesn't give a poop about anyone other than himself

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Agree with Alfa Vincent - once the drink starts flowing a bit much more likely to start bother and cause a scene more likely to upset the stag. Hope you have a great night though.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
I agree with AV. Sounds best he's not there. By the time everyone's had a few jars later, their bound to tell him what they think and it's likely to turn nasty, which will make things even worse for the stag. Although, it could be argued, he deserves it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i find the most useful freind is the one that is least able to help you.

no beholding, no responsibility and strings.

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
44,737 Posts
Is there a suspicion that the real reason the guy asked for the money up front was so he could have it?

What a tool. Fancy being willing to risk ruining your best mates wedding like that.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no i dont think so bazza, or at least i dont want to believe he would do that.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
As long as iot was a good night hopefully the carry on before hand can be put to bed. Did you put any bets on at the races? Or did you ever get there?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah it really was a good night. it will be put to bed once he has paid everyone back.

had a couple of bets on each race and got 2 winners and 1 place, overall ended up in profit :D:D:D not much mind but it paid for my afternoon :D

sat in the open enclosure was only £7 and as the weather was really nice i think it was the place to be

1 - 20 of 21 Posts