Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

As some of you know my 156 has been driving me insane with breakdowns. Anyway after changing the the maf, crank sensor (both bosch), cambelt kit, water pump, cleaning injection and fuel pump relay, change rocker cover gasket as oil had leaked into spark plug wells, all fault codes clear and not coming back it was still kangarooing, not starting etc.

What else could it be?? After some prayers to God when fettling, I noticed that the small earth wire underneath some breather hoses on top of the throttle body had a really loose earth wire. tightened it up and fired up straight away. Let it get warm, turned it off and on several times, all now running sweet for many years to come...hopefully :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Glad you got it sorted and that it was simple (eventually). Apologies for not suggesting on your other post that that might be the problem.

That's the earth lead for the coils, on the right side of the coil packs near to the low-speed breather. It's secured by one of the screws holding the coil pack rail in place.

You can see it here, just above the hand

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...h37pgRa&biw=375&bih=559#imgrc=verYfdifcivOIM:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just re-read an realised you said 'on the throttle body' not 'on the coils'. I'll shut up and go away now....must read more carefully....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts