Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A new, excited and first time Alfa owner looking forward to contributing to these forums.

Have just bought a Mito 1.4TB Veloce (155), 14k miles. Bought from an Alfa dealer (Budgens Shrewsbury). Was hoping you could give me the heads-up on any issues that might arise so that I can get any creases ironed out before the might become avoidable and costly headaches -not making any assumptions about the marque, just want to use the warranty while I have it!

·
Registered
565 Posts
You dont really get that many problems, the problems ive had so far which ive had fixed on the warranty are: indicator plastic melting, coat hanger fell off and creases in the chrome like material on the wing mirror- havent heard of any one else having the same problems though, also stone chips on the rear wheel arches abd the frint of the car but they wont cover that on the warrant, ive tried and they gave me.some bull**** excuse

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nothing major gone wrong of note - 40k miles in two and a half years

- rattling glove box at times - but more seems to be how i have things positioned in it, put the document wallet in a certain way fixes it.
- had a minor leak on gear box - no dripping but a small amount of oil seeping from seal - fixed no questions asked under warranty
- engine cover (metal part) got a bit rattly. replaced with new unit under warranty no questions asked
- one chrome part on front v-grille went missing - replaced free of charge, even though it was most likely because i got hit by a flying burst tyre at 70mph - poor bugger in front had tyre blow-out and hit barrier, although he thankfully seemed to be fine as skidded along central reservation barrier rather than whacked it.

anyway - in short nothing serious and nothing that seems to be a common fault

·
Registered
65 Posts
Enjoy the car it's alittle cracker :)

Mine is a 2009 95 bhp and so far i've had:

Air con failed to work (twice)
Coil pack failure which resulted in misfiring
Front suspension bearings giving up (both front ones)
Roll bar link needing replaced

I think that's about it in 27K. The problems dont seem that bad when you have a cracking dealer looking after you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for heads up on potential, encouraged by lack of issues, appears that the car is fine and providing the dealership is sound I will be enjoying some exhilirating motoring miles.

PS. The car has some after market stickers (will post photos) they are small italian flags with some word beginning with m beneath them below the Mito signature at the back and beneath the indicator lamps at side quite unobtrusive however, not sure if they are special edition sticks or if they are after market, in which case I don't want them and will remove and will be asking advice about best method ater.

(pick car up tomorrow)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I also have a mito tb 155 and its been a cracker of a car

List of faults

slight coolant leak (fixed under warranty)
1st and second gear very notchy (they are all like this apparantly)
2nd gear has broken will pop out of gearwhen acclerating in second? (car going to get fixed tommorow)

Other than the gearbox the car has been brilliant getting me to work while others didint during the bad winters has been amazing. The cars power still surpises and amuses me it is faster than it looks and friends still cannot believe its a 1.4 and only produces 155bhp. If your in to tuning your cars the mito 1.4tb engine has proven to be brilliant a remap and aftermarket exhaust and down pipe can see almost 200bhp:cool:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I think the main thing as afore mentioned, is to keep a close eye on stone-chips on the bonnet and arches. It's something to do with the water-based paint/depth of paint which makes our cars prone to chipping. If there is even a hint of this happening take it to your dealer and get them to contact ARUK to test the paint depth - that way you may get a free respray (like some of us have). It can't hurt to have an extra skin of paint on your Bella.

The other problem which ought to be sorted under warranty is the drainage down-pipe which can drip and cause problems with the engine in the cold (there are threads about this on AO).

Apart from that I wish you many happy miles of motoring in your new Alfa Romeo. The TB155 is a truly phenominal car (you'll be thrashing the pants off 2.0 litre cars in no time. :lol:).

·
Registered
760 Posts
I think alfabliss, hit the nail on the head. Same problems as me with paint and making sure it has the drainage pipe! Also check the sills for water retention, though dealer has told me this is due to the car not having gutters and is normal?! Hmm..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi All,

A new, excited and first time Alfa owner looking forward to contributing to these forums.

Have just bought a Mito 1.4TB Veloce (155), 14k miles. Bought from an Alfa dealer (Budgens Shrewsbury). Was hoping you could give me the heads-up on any issues that might arise so that I can get any creases ironed out before the might become avoidable and costly headaches -not making any assumptions about the marque, just want to use the warranty while I have it!
I just bought a '09 Mito 155TB with 19K on the clock very recently. It's warranty is up on the 17th Feb 2012. Purchased a Tom Tom Blue & Me Live 2 sat nav off the dealer the week after taking the keys and unfortunately it wouldn't 'talk' to the Blue & Me (despite upgrading to 5.5 which involved disconnecting the battery). After speaking with the 'warranty man' this morning and seeing the threads on here with others suggested that the Blue & Me unit be changed. This part costs €300 + vat so it would be better for it to be done within the warranty period. They didn't want to replace it but I was persistent. They offered to refund the Sat nav but personally I'd prefer to keep it (it's very high quality but bloody expensive) if I can get it to work properly. Will know hopefully of the outcome in the next day or 2 when they have spoken with Fiat CS.

I too have the rattling glovebox and need to take my time engaging 2nd gear. Very impressive power and so far it has been surprisingly good on fuel if I don't go mad leaving it in dynamic mode all the time.

Noticed that the turn in can be a bit sloppy (chicane 'test' yesterday) - it might benefit from a bit of tightening up with possibly a better set of shocks (funds permitting of course). Still overall very pleased with the car so far.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Also check the sills for water retention, though dealer has told me this is due to the car not having gutters and is normal?! Hmm..
if that's true i think ARUK should supply complimentary pet goldfish to swim about in the sills. they are basically saying the car is designed to collect water (!!)

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
1.4 95 bhp November 2009.

a) new driver's door mirror when it came off it my hand trying to fold it back!

b) clutch thrust bearing replaced

c) new CV joint boot (damaged when thrust bearing changed)

d) new steering column motor (!!!) : kept getting steering angle errors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
many thanks all, will be checking sills and having a race around at the weekend to see if I can encourage issues to rear up quickly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts