Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive not really looked into the stereo of my 159 yet. The previous owner has put a dab aerial on it and it has a separate remote.

1. Can i get dab stations now such as absolute 90s etc with this or does it just boost normal stations?

2. The usb port in the glovebox, can I connect my phone and stream Spotify?

3. Ive not tried the bluetooth, is this just for calls or can i stream music without a cable to the usb?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive not really looked into the stereo of my 159 yet. The previous owner has put a dab aerial on it and it has a separate remote.

1. Can i get dab stations now such as absolute 90s etc with this or does it just boost normal stations?

2. The usb port in the glovebox, can I connect my phone and stream Spotify?

3. Ive not tried the bluetooth, is this just for calls or can i stream music without a cable to the usb?
Bluetooth - only for calling
USB - only for USB stick with music files

no spotify, no streaming over BT.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
If it has a standard radio, but has a remote and a dab aerial, the previous owner could have fitted a DAB add on unit so DAB channels that are in your area can be heard.

I've got one of these. Mine emits a FM signal which is picked up on the main stereo. You tune the radio into the frequency that the DAB unit is set to. The menu system for the DAB unit is accessed through the remote control and is displayed on the program info on the radio.

This might explain it better:

Car DAB radio, convert car to DAB with this in-car dab radio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts