Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2011 Giulietta with AUX & USB in the glove box, but when i connect my Iphone 6s to the usb nothing happens. Im trying to play Spotify or Tune in Radio. Can the usb be used to do this or you need to have to have a play list in your Iphone music library to play music from usb ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I don't think the USB port works with iPhones at all... I tried downloading some music onto my iPhone, but it still can't find anything. My USB connector doesn't work very well though so it's hard to even make a connection of any kind.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mine works fine.

IPhone 7 ios10 played Spotify and now I've unsubscribed from that and I'm using Apple music, that's fine too. You always had to have at least one song in Apple Music for Spotify to work.

My old Iphone5s on ios9 works too and I have an old 2nd Gen Ipod that works fine with Apple music but its a little frustrating because you have to keep syncing it and it needs an internet connection. Because its on no higher than ios5, its an old version of Spotify and that doesn't work.

Have you updated your Blue&Me firmware?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine works fine.

IPhone 7 ios10 played Spotify and now I've unsubscribed from that and I'm using Apple music, that's fine too. You always had to have at least one song in Apple Music for Spotify to work.

My old Iphone5s on ios9 works too and I have an old 2nd Gen Ipod that works fine with Apple music but its a little frustrating because you have to keep syncing it and it needs an internet connection. Because its on no higher than ios5, its an old version of Spotify and that doesn't work.

Do you use an adapter or anything to make it work? Or do you just plug you iPhone cable in to the USB port in the glove box?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have an iphone and a 2011 G but with the AUX, just usb. It works fine. I use an official cable mind you. i do remember having some issues when I was using a third party cable.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Do you use an adapter or anything to make it work? Or do you just plug you iPhone cable in to the USB port in the glove box?
Just the cable. Works well. Steering Controls work and change tracks etc.

My perception was that the adaptor was only needed on the early Blue&Me cars without the Aux socket but has since been made redundant if the Blue&Me is updated.

·
Registered
542 Posts

Just the cable. Works well. Steering Controls work and change tracks etc.

My perception was that the adaptor was only needed on the early Blue&Me cars without the Aux socket but has since been made redundant if the Blue&Me is updated.
So I need an updated version of Blue&Me for this to work...?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine has only ever worked with a USB memory stick inserted. Tried my Android phone connected, didn't work. Yesterday I updated the firmware. No change. I will try it with my iPad see if that works.

·
Registered
552 Posts
So I need an updated version of Blue&Me for this to work...?
If I was you I would:

1) update blue&Me. It's a fairly simple process. Visit B&M website for instruction.
2) try a memory stick with music loaded to confirm USB socket isn't faulty.
3) if that works, put music on iPhone and using a genuine lead confirm that works.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Related question ... How do I sync up my iPhone7 plus to my 2011 GQV through blue tooth ?

I had a quick look through the menus on the radio and dash menu and couldnt find anything.

Aparantly it can be done where you take calls through the stereo ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
iPhone ia lightning worked like a charm using Spotify for me until something went wrong and my USB is now busted,doesnt supply power or detect any devices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine works fine.

So how do you connect your iphone ? to your jack or usb ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Up date. Now I'm streaming with Bluetooth music:lick: I bought a TP-Link Bluetooth Music Receiver
HA100 . Bluetooth Music Receiver - TP-Link . Connected it to the USB & AUX that is in my glove box, it automatically connected to the car blue & me Bluetooth and now i have A2DP streaming music. And the best thing is while connected i can still receive phone calls from my Blue & me. Just great i can with the bluetooth listen to any music from Spotify , Tunein Radio or from my Phone music totally A2DP .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts