Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I've got a problem with my cams.. I need at least the exhaust cam for a Q4.

So..
1) does anyone have some lurking in a cupboard (steve w?)
2) what other cams will fit & does anyone have any of these?

I hear from the integrale lot that Fiat Tipo 2.0 16v 5 door cams are good for the 'grale, but are they happy in the q4?

ta,
Alex

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive also heard they are the same even on a non turbo 16v,

ring..........glen 01778 440000

ive told you of him before....you didnt ring him did you...........bad lad.. :rolleyes:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
Just had a thought!!! Get some Colombo & Bariani 'grale evo cams and you'll be laughing like a Hyena!!! :D :D :D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers JB.. I'll give him a buzz tomorrow..

Taz.. have you won the lottery or something? wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F2G, tell him james from nextdoor gave you the number. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tipo 16V cams have a higher lift,than the Q4 cams.So this is a cheap solution instead of the expensive tuning cams.Your engine will breath a little bit better,but you need a chip remap to feel the real difference.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rite.. excuse my ignorance...

Which cams do I need.. do I need a slot for the distributor drive?

Cheers,
Alex

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:) well there in lies a story.. it doesn't have a distributor but does have a slot on the cams which are in there. Hmmm

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alex, how the **** did you get that message to pop up on my screen for one, next, I have still got the complete head, infact I've just stuck it on ebay. If there is a lack of interest on there I might be able to be persuaded to break the head and sell you the cams. How does that sound, and when do you need the cams for, apart from yesterday?

Steve

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aahhhh Mr Webb.. it's magic that is :) (well the IM button at the top at least.. pretty close)

I've dropped you a hotmail to save everyone on hwere suffering my drivel.

I've decided that if I get these cams I'll have the ones with the slot.. ie the same as those which are in there.. better save then sorry etc..

Cheers,
A

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks JB.. It looks like I've managed to source a pair from a mate in Sweeden a fair bit cheaper. I'll keep his number handy though - it'll probably come in useful!

Cheers,
Alex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts