Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i need a 3/4 of a 2.0 liter 8v engine. Or some parts from it.

apperantly the alfa factory in italy does not sell piston with +0,10. I would have to by everything standard and change it. Total cost $3500 aprox.

maybe someone in central or south america know someone selling this, it would be cheaper to ship. But ALL are well come.

thanks for all help.

N

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Nicholas

Have you tried sourcing non Alfa pistons from your local engineering company????

They should be able to get some pistons for you and will be considerably cheaper than buying Alfa ones

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Speed Freak,

i just talked to wrinx over MSN and he suggested the same thing.

Since i am NOT very technical, could you explain to me, what i need to do..what info should i hgive the people. I think there is 1-2 companies that do racing pistons, maybe they can help me.

N

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Nicholas

All you should need to give them is the spec of the piston your wanting and you car details they should have them listed

ie if you want pistons that are +10 thou oversize tell them and they should be able to locate some for you

Try cleaning the crown of the piston to see if theres a size stamped on it

It all depends if your just replacing the standard pistons or having the block re bored if your getting re bored the engineering people who are re boring it should be able to get you the pistons and rings

Hope this helps

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just talked to my engine guy. He suggested using ^sleves^ and then the original pistons.

What do you think?

N

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Do you mean liners????

Does oyur engine have liners in all ready if so should be ok

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know the cylinder bore in mm that the 2.0 8V has??

N

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wrinx there seems to be a typing error as the 1.8 and the 2 litre have the same bore and stroke 2 litre should be 84mm x 90mm. eek!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well,

if you look at the 1994 June version of the 2.0 8V, they have the bore at 84x90..maybe it was changed.

N

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nicholas, just took a look at the parts disc and a piston & liner can be ordered from Alfa, but there are 2 types C-mod part no. 60778558 and D-mod part no. 60778832. eek! eek!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep, and they are VERY expensive the pistons, let me tell you. Which part # ???

N

1 - 12 of 12 Posts