Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, someone is coming to buy the 147 on Saturday, so I thought it would be a good idea to give it a full service prior to sale, including replacing all 8 spark plugs.

Unfortunately it hasn't gone to plan, the small spark plug on cylinder 1 had rusted, and the coil pack was completely stuck on. I managed to get it off but it left the bottom half of the coil pack in place. I've removed that now as well, but I'm left with a coil pack in 2 parts and no idea where to get a new one!

There's no one local to me breaking a 147 so I don't know where to get a full coil pack from, or if I only need part of it.

Pictures attached: https://imgur.com/a/YzyM6Dg

Can anyone help with part numbers? Or links on ones I can buy and install before saturday? I have looked on the Alfa Workshop website and the coil pack they list is only the one for the big spark plug. There's a HT Lead but that doesn't seem to include the bit that snapped off!

Thank you for any help

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Alfashop are in Norwich.
It would mean a different transport to pick up though. I think they may open Saturday morning.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Failing that, why not click and collect one from Euro Car Parts in King's Lynn?

They do have offers.
Payday50 is probably better as the Oilfilter50 ends at 9pm and is for oil and filters.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Failing that, why not click and collect one from Euro Car Parts in King's Lynn?

They do have offers.
Payday50 is probably better as the Oilfilter50 ends at 9pm and is for oil and filters.
Thank you for the help, do you know which part I need? I have looked on ECP already, however nothing comes up under Ignition lead, and the Ignition coil looks to be the wrong bit: https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/haas-ignition-coil-413510031

Is this the right thing from the alfa workshop? It looks like only the top part to me? https://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/parts/147_Ht_Leads.shtml

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Fruity, so it's not a huge problem then as it's just a lead? The ignition coil itself is in good condition.

Do you know how the lead is removed from the coil? Do I just need to pull really hard? Or twist it off? I had a quick go last night but it wasn't budging and I didn't want to break anything.

Don't suppose you know where I can buy just the lead?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
It should pull off but the rubber can get a really good grip on the plastic sometimes. Twisting may help break the seal as may silicone spray and a pointed but not sharp tool to get between the rubber and plastic.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks Fruity, so it's not a huge problem then as it's just a lead? The ignition coil itself is in good condition.

Do you know how the lead is removed from the coil? Do I just need to pull really hard? Or twist it off? I had a quick go last night but it wasn't budging and I didn't want to break anything.

Don't suppose you know where I can buy just the lead?

Thanks again
Better late than never? I just found one...

I have a photo but it doesn't upload for some reason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts