Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
Hi,

just got a second hand 147 for my wife and I've got a problem with the radio. I some how managed to get the menu stuck on PHONE, I think I managed to press something while in the menu and it's stuck. I've tried turning it off, pressing all the buttons but no luck.

Can anyone tell me how to get the damn stereo off of PHONE?

Please, please help!

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
or disconnect the battery for a few minutes, whichever is easier.

sounds like for some reason it has locked up, cutting its power should cure it

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll have a look for the fuse once I've got my daughter to bed!Could be some time judging by how lively she is at the minute! :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pooh! Fuse didn't work! Just got the battery disconnected for a few minutes, I REALLY hope that works.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I left the battery disconnected for about 10 mins and once reconnected it is still the same.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Is 10 mins not long enough? Someone else must have had this problem! :(

Andy

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shamelessly bumping this up, due to guilty conscience. We only just got the 147 for my wife and she's away in it this weekend on a college residential course. But because I buggered the radio she'll have no sounds. Can anybody suggest anything to try? Would the battery need disconnecting for longer than 10 mins to reset the stereo? Is there another way to reset it? Would I get any help/advice if I called an alfa dealer?

Thanks

Andy

N

·
0 Posts
Is there a handsfee fitted?

Could be a short grounding the TEL_MUTE line.

Just pull the head unit and check the plugs in the back.

There should be a sticker telling you
which is TEL_MUTE on the top of the headunit.

;)

EDIT:

In fact, all you need is to pull out the plug
and stick one of these in instead,
then wire it to your bluetooth kit.

;)
http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/phone_in.asp

That was meant for another thread :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Nev,

I think there was a hands free kit but guess it was removed, the only bit I can see is a mic up near the rear view. As I don't currently had a hands free kit do I just pull the tel-mute plug and leave it with nothing in that socket?

I'll have a look when my wife gets back on sunday. I really hope I can sort it, I feel such a burk for fiddling with the radio the first day we had it!

Andy

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for peoples advice on this. Sorted it by pulling the head unit out of the dash, disconnecting the top connector block which includes the tel-mute lead, turned the unit on and hey presto it worked. Went into the menu and set the phone option to off and job done :)

Cheers

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts