Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, my Brera rules our carpark in terms of looks & sound:thumbs:

Only a Bronze painted 370z comes close:cool:

But today, one of my workmates brought his weekend plaything in. An Aston Martin V8 Vantage:wow:

What a stunning car. I sat in & started it and boy does it sound great:inlove:

It's an 08 car with 13k miles on it. Bought from Aston Martin in Silverstone for a smidgen under £40k.

I'd still have a Maserati but the choice would be a tough one;)

Cheers,

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Itd have to be 40k of someone elses oney before.i Could justify spending it on a car

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's back in his Corsa today:lol: Normality has been restored:D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I've always had the best looking car at work from the GT to the Brera to the 370Z. :inlove:
Everyone here has company cars A3's A4's 3 series etc.. all very boring.:(

Downside for me is that I have to pay for the luxury.

So if I ever get a company car it will be great on my pocket, but bad on my street cred ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ouch, that's a huge difference between cars. I don't think I could drive my old Corsa which I had before getting my GT, and that's even worse.

We have a similar situation at my work. My Cloverleaf GT stands out in the car park, followed by a Red RX-8, which i purposely park near to spoil his fun. I end up feeling smug every day unless our boss comes in with his GTR :(

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Wish someone in my store came in with an Aston :( I've got the best looking car in my car park. Everyone drives Minis and Corsas etc. Except my deputy manager she has a 500. But, I think the store manager is peeved because I get paid a lot less than him and drive a far better car :D

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I think my GT is certainly up there with the best. Spider attracts some attention as well :beaming smile: . I took my Ferrari Mondial in twice when I had it, to work. 1st time we worked out on a limb and the car was not noticed in our small car park.
2nd time however we had moved into the main building the abuse I had about being paid too much (even though the Mondy was only a £15k car at the time), then never again! The Alfas are subtle but pretty enough for me at work ;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've recently moved house and now live on a long street of what must be literally hundreds of cars. It's a real mixed bag to be honest but IMO I've still got the best :thumbs: There's a guy with an RX-8 and one of my neighbours seems to be continuously cleaning his BMW 3 series (his son who visits seems to be an enthusiast as he had an Impreza followed by a Ford RS). Everything else appears ubiquitous grey and black-ness.

Back to SR's observations - my best mate down in Surrey has a friend who also bought a V8 Vantage last year second hand. He let me sit in it in his garage (didn't have time to be taken out in it :() and it was a great place to sit. My overriding memory seems to be the impression that you're sat VERY low down - as if in a leather-clad bath-tub! How many cows go into that thing? :p

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I had a personal tour of Newport Pagnell back when they were making this:
Aston Martin Picture Gallery - Aston Martin Vantage V600

Each car required 8 cows worth of leather - but they actually prepared 10 hides, and put two in storage specifically for your car, in case your interior got damaged. The only way of guaranteeing a perfect colour match apparently.
Process nicked form RR it was standard practice on all their cars in the 70s & 80s

My Dad used to make the front wings on a Rolls from a single piece of metal hand beaten (& rolled) till it fit. He said they had hundreds of spare cow skins in the factory rafters to match every car they had ever built. All smelt rather funky

Mj

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
It is quite competitive in my work carpark. Since i have a range of businesses in the same centre i battle between a number of key makes namely; BMW 330i, Mazda MX5, Golf R32 & a 147 GTA. However, between the GTA and my 159 it would definitely be a fight between the two for the most stylish/exclusive.

I also once received a compliment from a client that parked next to me only to find that i owned "that beautiful red Alfa in the carpark" Certainly made my day :lol:

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I had a personal tour of Newport Pagnell back when they were making this:
Aston Martin Picture Gallery - Aston Martin Vantage V600

Each car required 8 cows worth of leather - but they actually prepared 10 hides, and put two in storage specifically for your car, in case your interior got damaged. The only way of guaranteeing a perfect colour match apparently.
Imagine if Alfa did that, "Yes Sir, we have your hides here, sadly they are blue and your car has grey leather but its close!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts