Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced the upper wishbone and the drop link as i had play in the wishbone bushes and the droplink was knocking something dreadful even though i could not feel any play in it.
after reading all the posts for doing these jobs i was expecting nightmare of a job that was going to take ages. but no, it was very easy and i had the whole lot done in just over an hour.

anyways anybody gets stuck on these ones i'll give a hand :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's your hourly rate.......might use you as a sub-contractor:cheese:
oh im cheap lol
maybe i was lucky cos everything came undone dead easy, nothing seized. only had to use the ball joint splitter on the wishbone ball joint. the drop link shifted easy with just a sharp crack of the hammer. it will be sods law when i do the next "easy" job its gona take an age maybe i should have kept my mouth shut:lol:

·
Banned
857 Posts
It's the weekly wishbone thread! Only this time with a twist - someone with a positive and stoic attitude to the issue rather than moaning and complaining....

Must be the Christmas spirit....:D

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
only 1 in ove ran hour? why so slow ;)
First timer ... when the other one goes, he'll be quicker .. unless on that side the droplink nuts spin! :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have you noticed any difference steering wise?

Probably be changing mine soon. If only the lowers were as easy (and cheap :D)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First timer ... when the other one goes, he'll be quicker .. unless on that side the droplink nuts spin! :lol:
So, when the nut spins how are they removed - split or cut off the nut or something easier. My sons is waiting for attention!
ill just use the force, angle grind the nut off and smack it one with a big hammer. it will move one way or the other

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you noticed any difference steering wise?

Probably be changing mine soon. If only the lowers were as easy (and cheap :D)
no not noticed anything except that silence is golden. i cannot see why the lowers wouldnt be even easier. dont go with really cheap no brand ones or ya just gona be doing the job again real soon stay with the big brand names

·
Registered
929 Posts
i cannot see why the lowers wouldnt be even easier.
Quite a bit harder.

Last upper arm I did took me half an hour. I did upper and lower arms, plus drop links on a 156 last year which took me the whole weekend - most of that time being the lower arms.

All the best

Keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts