Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folkies, being a newbie, im trying to upload my pics for ya"ll ta see, AO keeps coming back sayin my files are to big, but no mater what i am doing ,i cant seem to downsize my pics, mabey im tired , mabey im stupid, but i am getin frustrated :mad:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arrrgghh i give up i just been on ifran and went through process of dowsizin"! all seemed fine till i try to atatch them and guess what!!!!!!!! still to big? size hasnt changed. ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Or... mail them to me at [email protected] and I'll post them for you.

Welcome on board. :cool:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
In IrfanView, choose Image>Resize/Resample

Change the dimensions to width 800 and keep the aspect ratio the same. Click OK. Then do File>Save as..., choose a place to save the file and in the options box, make sure that the quality slider is set to around 40%.

Save the file and use the attachments feature on here.

:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey andy wer in l/pool?
oh by the way thats how i done it, and it still didnt work?
steve..

im in l/pool myself, u know any good alfa garages cant find any around here

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
steve-r said:
hey andy wer in l/pool?
oh by the way thats how i done it, and it still didnt work?
steve..

im in l/pool myself, u know any good alfa garages cant find any around here
I'm in West Derby.

Not many Alfa garages round here, there's a good breaker in Seaforth if you're handy with a spanner, or there's Alfatune in St Helens, but I hear they're a little pricey.

Caledonia in Warrington is the nearest main stealer, sorry...dealer.

;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks buddy, im in waterloo i know alfa city, in seaforth, im askin cuz im thinkin a gettin the cambelt changed and want sum1 who knows whats what, i only got the car on sunday, its done 55k, and as far as i know had no cam change

collinas on the fiddle man

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Welcome aboard steve.

I use Mihov Image Resizer. What it does is it renames the file once it has been shrunk -- it calls the file minixyz (whatever the file name was originally). Perhaps the software you're using does something similar. Maybe you should see if you have files names that you don't recognize in your directory.

(Of course that suggestion is a total and complete shot in the dark, as I have never used Irfan View.)
--Toronto

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Here you have, Steve. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey mr magic!
thanks a bunch hugo, i owe you a large BEER :)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
If you read the 'How To Post Pictures' thread in the 'Just Images' forum then you should be able to post the pictures yourself next time. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ggrrr , new pc, new didgy camera, new software, still no pics arrgghhh.
im hittin the stella :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts