Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently on a mission to fix every interior issue on my 1998 GTV and apart from a couple of missing plastic bit and bobs there is an (admittedly minor) upholstery problem staring me in the face every time I open the door - the leather has detached along one edge of the seat tilt lever. I can see a single screw that looks like it secures the lever assembly to the seat frame and I assume the leather is normally sandwiched into this assembly but I'm at a loss on any easy way to get the leather back where it should be.

Has anyone had the seat apart and can point me in the right direction??

Attachments

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Had something similar on my sister's VW. The lever should detach either by a very firm pull, there's a metal clip with barbs that secures it, or there will be a locating screw of some sort. Once the lever is out of the way the surround will come away fairly easily by pushing in at the sides whilst pulling it. A very thin smear of a thixotropic adhesive (Evostick) on the inside face/edge of the leather and the edge of the aperture should be applied and when these are dry a firm push together will secure. Wear plastic/rubber gloves as the glue does just that to your fingers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts