Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a Mito on the way, but would like to put some 18s on it. I won't be buying these new so won't be able to get assistance. Any chance someone could help who knows what's what... I know the Mito wheels are 4-stud, but I don't know much more than that.

I know there's the diameter between the top studs - i presume this is essential as it won't fit. other things like bore i'm not so sure about.

Any help regarding getting wheels on would be much appreciated.

PS - Also, should the tyres always be 215/40 or can the figures vary as long as they're fit for 18s?

thanks,
DJ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wotcha chap,

I also thought about the same thing after seeing the 18inch 'Turbine' wheels you can buy through the alfa dealer. I found on the Team Dynamics site a fitment guide http://www.rimstock.co.uk/rimstockuk/fitmentmakesearch.php which suggests we're after 4*100, with an Offset of 39. It means a lot of the usual suspects like Pro Race 1.2s etc will fit.

Essentially it's the same hub/fitment as a Grande Punto from what i can ascertain, so you can always tell them it's one of those if they don't have the MiTo fittings yet.

Let me know what you're going for/thinking about, I will be very interested to see the first wave of modified MiTos.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I'm not criticizing your choice of having new wheels fitted, but pretty much every single car I've seen with after-market alloys completely cheapens the look of the car. Why exactly do you want to change the wheels? They're already stunning.

It always comes back to the idea that the range of wheels available were designed to be used with the overall design of that car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Giraffy, so 4x100, you mention an offset of 39. Is this fixed or will others like a 40 (or slightly lower/higher) fit? When I get more info, I'll get back in touch :)

arapoda - the car I'm getting is just having the 16 steels on. I'd like Alloys and might as well go for the 18s. There's a huge range available, so I'd rather not limit myself to those by Alfa. Afraid I'd disagree about it cheapens the look of the car. All about personal choice.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'm not criticizing your choice of having new wheels fitted, but pretty much every single car I've seen with after-market alloys completely cheapens the look of the car. Why exactly do you want to change the wheels? They're already stunning.

It always comes back to the idea that the range of wheels available were designed to be used with the overall design of that car.
Couldn't agree with you more! The wheels are designed specifically for that car, it is rare when aftermarket wheels look better.

I even tried some GTA teledials on my 2.0 147 at one point, but even they didn't look right as they were more in tune with the agressive styling of that specific GTA model.

arapoda - the car I'm getting is just having the 16 steels on. I'd like Alloys and might as well go for the 18s. There's a huge range available, so I'd rather not limit myself to those by Alfa. Afraid I'd disagree about it cheapens the look of the car. All about personal choice.
You will struggle to find an 18" which looks better on the car than the Alfa upgrade ones, there's a chance if you're willing to spend big money on the likes of a BBS CS or similar. A lower budget 18" with tyres will probably set you back a similar figure to the Alfa upgrade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Giraffy, so 4x100, you mention an offset of 39. Is this fixed or will others like a 40 (or slightly lower/higher) fit? When I get more info, I'll get back in touch :)

No worries - the offset basically determines how far the wheels stick in/out (don't ask me which way it is tho', lol!) so you can fit anything in a certain range. Best bet is to ask one of the wheel suppliers, or perhaps sign up to a Fiat forum and enquire about Grande Punto wheels?

Although I admit most of the alfa originals look good, i think there is definately some room for different wheels. For example i know autodelta fit OZ wheels to alfas and I think they look good. I'm thinking some anthracite OZs/Team Dynamics might look good, and also colour code with the grey light surrounds on the Turismo - That's my thinking anyway :)

Cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
New Corsa & Grande Punto wheels will fit, IIRC but anything other than Alfa wheels will look cack IMHO:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts