Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm looking at putting the 305mm brembos on my 147 2.0

I have located some calipers for a reasonable price and the guy is calling me back to see if they have the struts too..

Question is, if he doesnt have the struts, then how easy/difficult is it to get hold of some? :confused:

OA

·
0 Posts
I looked into this on my 156 - apparently the uprights are a bit of a 'mare to find - I have heard of 'some' making up brackets to accomodate the calipers though

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
My Brembo GT calipers have smaller sized pistons than the GTA calipers and these work very well with 305mm discs and standard brake setup - I dont know if the GTA uses different sized brake master cylinder etc.

I have bought another set of Brembo radial mount calipers and I think this would be the cheapest option to achieve the Brembo setup.

Also the GTA Brembos will require very careful wheel selection or spacers in order to clear the calipers.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Brembo GT calipers have smaller sized pistons than the GTA calipers and these work very well with 305mm discs and standard brake setup - I dont know if the GTA uses different sized brake master cylinder etc.

I have bought another set of Brembo radial mount calipers and I think this would be the cheapest option to achieve the Brembo setup.

Also the GTA Brembos will require very careful wheel selection or spacers in order to clear the calipers.
Got no problem with clearance for the calipers, just wanted to explore the best options....

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/138858-hey-there-good-lookin-my-car.html

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
ah yes.....................those lovely 18's :cool:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was looking on ebay last night and there appeared to be quite a few GTA bits for sale, so I assume they are breaking one. It might be worth pinging the guy a message to get the hubs/struts are available - might get a bargin!!

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fiats r us you mean? with the GTA plenum chamber for sale?

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
I think the GTA uprights are about £200 a side from Alfa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts