Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've recently purchased an Alfa Romeo MiTo 2009 and I'm looking at upgrading the stereo/head unit to one that has bluetooth, phone and preferably sat nav.

I don't want to use CarPlay ideally, I'd rather use a stand alone system that uses bluetooth for audio/phone.

Has anybody made such an upgrade to their MiTo, or has a recommendation of a particular unit?

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've purchased a Pioneer F940BT, quite expensive but it really improved the sound over the default speakers. I was looking for an all-in-one solution at the time.
The FM radio reception is not always great. Haven't really bothered to take look into it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have upgraded mine HU with standalone SAT nav, USB, DVD, bluetooth function with an all in 1 unit. All intergrated into the steering wheel control :) Including wire harnesses and parts, its just shy of £450. And about 2hrs of your time to install. Pretty easy, plug and play, cant really go wrong :)
Mine Philips double DIN unit runs iGO sat nav, which after some tweaking its pretty sweet.

There are some all in 1 (unbranded) HU which cost 1/2 the price, but the trade off is performance and reliability, so I dont recommend them..

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use the Pioneer SPH DA120 which i use with Apple Car play. Although for what you are looking for its ideal when it comes to using the standard radio/bluetooth ect. Still giving you the opportunity to use it for calls. Backgrounds can all be customized as well. I use a Alfa logo that compliments the car beautifully. Very easy to install and works seamlessly with the steering wheel controls.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Which model did you buy? I thought he vast majority came with Blue&me?
Only at extra £££s ... the lower range models had steering wheel controls as an extra too

·
Registered
260 Posts
I use the Pioneer SPH DA120 which i use with Apple Car play. Although for what you are looking for its ideal when it comes to using the standard radio/bluetooth ect. Still giving you the opportunity to use it for calls. Backgrounds can all be customized as well. I use a Alfa logo that compliments the car beautifully. Very easy to install and works seamlessly with the steering wheel controls.
How do you play video on it? I've got the DA120 as well and I did not know you could do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response :) where does the USB port route into the cabin? Did you fit it yourself?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you install that logo i have the same radio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts