Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, actually have a GTV 3.0 24v and a 155 2.0TD, i'm watching to increase power to that engine, i searched a lot and no information of this engine :(

I actually changed the airbox, for a conic filter, and cleaned up the Intercooler, make a several hole in the front bumper, eliminating a fog light, to minimize the down of the horsepower when go full throtle climbing and need to brake ( for a car) and put down again, the car have the 60% of response only. Last night I maked that things and the car goes better, pushing 3 times and 90% of response !! :)

I purchased a boost controller, to increase the boost of the stock ihi vl4 turbocharger. Anyone know another one turbocharger p&p to make more boost? that's my trouble, to find information.

I think in that old mechanical diesels, pushing up the boost with the wastegate or boost controller, making advance in the diesel pump, and putting some well big intercooler.

My car haven't catalyssator and EGR, but 3 silencers. I hear that pushing hard the stock turbo, putting an Iveco Intercooler, and a straight line of exhaust, the engine gains up to 130horsepower ( stock 90 horsepower) actual power " ass sense" lol 105horsepower little bit more or off.

At first, sorry for my bad english
At two, thanks for any possible help.

yes it's a ugly diesel, but it have "cuore" :) turbo go hard till 2500 to 4600rpm, and the engine can does 5100rpm. The first diesel " petrol feel" i droved in my life :D

And i like too the 155 :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
There was never a diesel model in the UK so not many on here will have tips. I have no idea what block it is but guessing it's an old one. Maybe find out which & which cars they were fitted to & ask there too?

If you wanted to keep it diesel, I'd reckon it'd be easier to put in a 2.4 JTD out of a 156, can be had pretty cheap & from what I understand they are pretty easy to get good power out of, more than a 155 engine (Bar the Q4) anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

The engine is the knowed ( in italy-Spain) 1929cc fiat-alfa-lancia turbodiesel, it have no electronics, mechanical diesel pump, 8valves, 1 camshaft, simple turbocharger ( not variable geometry), and throttle cable to the diesel pump.

I like that engine cause it's all top head in alloy ( i never see any diesel engine in alloy, and the Alfa Romeo letters in the alloy)

Cause it not have ECU i adjust myself the parameters, the disel pump have adjust with his pulley ( to advance the injection or delay the injection time) and the turbocharger, have the adjustable rod, to make hard the lung of the valve and make the waste free the overpressure too late or more soon)

My answer is wich turbocharger is more bigger and plug&play with my actual turbocharger mounting?

The only 155 diesel engines was the 1.9 ( commercial named as 2.0TD) 90hp, later 92.
And the 2.5 4cylinder with electronics, 125hp ( chipping and 168hp i see on the net)

http://www.autos.com.ar/fotos/2011/0425/Alfa-Romeo-146-20-turbo-diesel-201104251010140.jpg

Here a pic of the engine.

the car's what is mounted was 155 164 145 and 146, later, the 1.9 jtd.

Thanks again! :thumbs:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm going to fit a 156 2.4 jtd 10v engine and gearbox etc into a widey 155 in a few months time just collecting the bits that i need before starting the project

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see with interest your swap Chris! :)

Today i have mounted a boost controller, and cleaned all the tubes, intercooler, and intake manifold. I have cutted the front bumper, erasing the fog light to make a fresh catch to the Intercooler.

The gain is too noticeable :D, a lot of hard pull, full 1.5 sec 0-100kmh off, and a lot of happyness hehe.

I need to mount a boost gauge to control the boost, i adjusted from myself, and i have little worried to broke it ( i read that turbochargers are strong, but mine one have 18 years, but no movement into it, in perfect conditions :))

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i finished my holydays! y 4 days i runned 2700km :) and the 155... unstoppable heheh, i recently ****ed off a mini cooper ( the less power version i think) for the 2008 with my oldie from 1994 hehehehe, and 3 adults and 40kg of cargo on board :D

The only worry i have is the think that the intake manifold pipe, is several oiled from the hoose , and the IC upper hoose too :S. I don't know that oil comes from, the turbocharger goes very well, and the car don't make smoke, oonly a little bit full throthle when it hot's, but no more noticeable.

I think maybe it comes from the oil recirculator to the intake, at least 234.000km make the rings not in better conditions, and a lot of air pressure in the bottom end??

Or maybe the turbocharger??

I put up photos soon, of the process.

PetoNK: I considered the FMIC, yes, i'm studying the before/after, cuting and openin a big window to the stock IC, and for the moment, the car pulls well 3 times full throttle when climb, before, it dies at second pull.

I need to replace all the turbo hooses, i think they are old, and possibli not 100% hermetic.

old hooses, and oiled, and more boost there are no good friendes hehehe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oil in the intake hoses is normal. There are oil vapours from engine which are returned to intake. You can reduce oil in intake hoses by installing oil catch tank. Or maybe oil is leaking from turbo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, a little bit actualization hehe. i veryfied all the hoses, and the 90º intake hose have a 2cm cut in the interior curve, and i lose pressure in that point, and put oil spray in the intake manifold hehe.

I ordered in the Alfa romeo parts workshop new hoose ( 20 euro) and new thermostat ( only 56€ !!!)

I changed the rear pads, rotated the 4 wheels, and puted 0.5liter of 75-90 trans fluid ( i need to search a seal ring for the driver trans, it haven't that ring and have axial movement, and little lose of trans fluid......

And i puted at 100% the boost controller, and, with the lose of the cut in the hose, the car flyes in 1-2-3 gears ( in 4-5 are longer, and the boost go away from the cut)

yesterday in my city, a fool with a 2001 ibiza TDI 110cv, touch my balls, and make a parallell, hahah, and i ****ed that VAG, with the lose of pressure too hehehe. pull in 2nd at 3000 rpm to 3th gear 4000. I win by a space of a car :)

Great engine that 1929!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts