Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - has anyone had the upgraded stereo option (8PK) not the Harmon Kardon one..I can only see 10 speakers and no sib woofer or amplifier ... does anybody know where this is or how it looks and also if there are any further options on the connect system within the audio settings ??

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
from the manual:

Sound Theatre system
(where provided)
The “average” audio system equipped
with 10 speakers with a 400W amplifier
The system consists of:
4Tweeters (2 on the front doors and
2 on the rear doors), 1.57 in (40 mm)
in diameter;
1 Midrange speaker (on dashboard) of
3.54 in (90 mm) in diameter;
4Woofers (2 on front doors and 2 on
rear doors) of 6.3 in (160 mm) in
diameter;
1 Subwoofer, 7.1x10.6 in
(180x270 mm), on the parcel shelf;
1 8-channel Amplifier in the luggage
compartment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from the manual:

Sound Theatre system
(where provided)
The “average” audio system equipped
with 10 speakers with a 400W amplifier
The system consists of:
4Tweeters (2 on the front doors and
2 on the rear doors), 1.57 in (40 mm)
in diameter;
1 Midrange speaker (on dashboard) of
3.54 in (90 mm) in diameter;
4Woofers (2 on front doors and 2 on
rear doors) of 6.3 in (160 mm) in
diameter;
1 Subwoofer, 7.1x10.6 in
(180x270 mm), on the parcel shelf;
1 8-channel Amplifier in the luggage
compartment.
I see the speakers and the speaker in the boot under the shelf - i dont see the amplifier ? (pictures below)

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm guessing your car isn't a Quadrifoglio? There's a lot more electronics boxes and wires in my boot than you have in yours. Wonder what they all do?
its the Guilia Speciale with options one being the 8PK, looks like they sold it better than I thought it was !! I dont see any sound options on the connect system other than std ones (no sub woofer setting), so trying to find out where all the parts are as no one seems to know , even Alfa had to hang up on me and said they would ring me back !!

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,482 Posts
Good job you didn't spend £950 on the HK system then or you'd be REALLY upset.
Totally, coming from one who spent £950!!

I have a diesel courtesy car for now with standard stereo, it sounds clear and decent enough. Bass from standard mid range speakers without sub is also acceptable. Its also louder than my HK at the same volume level and same source/songs.

Main difference I see is there is no MID and SURROUND options on the base system on Connect. Bass, Tone and Balance are the only options.

HK sounds a bit richer and more detailed but not £950 better IMO.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
That's interesting that you've been able to compare.
I'm quite happy with the base system to be honest other than it needs more ooomph low down, more low bass. An active sub would fix that but I can't see how they can call the parcel shelf speaker a sub in the HK system. There's no way that can produce any meaningful deep bass. Something in the boot space to the left as you look in the boot, where the plastic tray is (in an enclosure) would probably work.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
On the other threads about audio, I said that you'd be better spending money in the aftermarket if you actually cared about quality.

That's still the case I think but one reason you might want to spend at least the £500 is to get the amplifier. Not for that actual amplifier per se - it's probably not much cop - but because it means you get a better system design. Any decent upgrade would inevitably involve an amp and if you have to go putting in wiring or other support for it on the standard system (I don't know) then it becomes more of a pain. So for your money you may or may not get negligible improvements, but you're likely to make further work easier.

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,482 Posts
Not sure if this is the right thread. Didn't want to start a new one!

Does anyone know the part number for the 'Satin' surround that comes with HK audio door speakers and also with the Lusso pack? Reason I ask is, one of my speaker satin surround trims has slight scratch on it from my little one's boot I think. Given there are carbon fibre upgrades to these am guessing these just unclip and can be replaced.

Thanks.
MG.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.