Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
139 Posts
that looks **** hot dont care what any one else has to say, what are those wheels called, where did you get em from and how much????

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
such a simple wheel design, such a simple colour...awesome result. love it.

:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Simply fab :)

Love the look of black wheels with the white(ish) car, I'm thinking of going the same with with mine :thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Nice, very nice, but I would do one tiny detail. Edge of the rim painted in car colour, just a fine thin line.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Quality!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alexandrus, I think you mean like this, an example of the same rims on an Audi A4. I can't see on the photo if the ege is polished or that it is really white paint. It crossed my mind to create a separation between the tires and the rims because on the Audi it looks very good, but I doubt if it will make my 166 just too much. There's a thin line between going to maximize the car's looks and going over the top :tut: Second, the edge is not flat but rounded, that makes very difficult to make an even and consistent separation between black and the color. On a thin line, you will see every place where the line thickness is not equal or where the line is not perfectly circle shaped. And when looking at the wheels now, I'm not feeling something is missing or that is's just one black mass.

A

·
0 Posts
Yeap, something line that, IMHO it shows the size of the wheel better, but indeed it is quite difficult to paint.
Anyway, big car, big wheels, just my opinion that it would look a tad better if the wheel size is brought to light.

D

·
0 Posts
Wow major difference the colour and the wheels really set each other off perfectly.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
don't normally like the 166's but your's looks :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
About the thin white line, how about masking the tier and putting the car on stands. Support a fine brush against the edge of the rim in a 45 degree angle and have a friend rotate the wheel for you. That way the brush works as a lathe chisel making a perfect thin line around the rim. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
About the thin white line, how about masking the tier and putting the car on stands. Support a fine brush against the edge of the rim in a 45 degree angle and have a friend rotate the wheel for you. That way the brush works as a lathe chisel making a perfect thin line around the rim. Just my thoughts.
very good idea mate :)

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
ive done a similar thing to the 'white line' idea on one of my wheels, inspired by the '147 ducati' wheels but i used red tape from a motorbike shop. ive only done it on one wheel so far just as a tester. im not sure if i like it or not tho. I need to do the front wheel aswell and make a decision.
i think yours would look good in the white though. :cool: :thumbs: :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts