Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!
I need some advice from people who have some experience on this matter.
I am thinking to do a remap on my Brera (BHP, torque etc).
I found the guy who can do this.
My biggest concerns are:

1) Is it traceable? I don't want to "cancel" the warranty contract. Some people told me that it is untraceable.

2) I want to know all the correct questions to ask the guys, in order not to regret this. I don't want to "hurt" my bella

I just want to make sure that I will not do anything bad to my car. I just want to improve its efficiency... and that hesitation thing

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'm sure that it is traceable, the Plug In that alfa would use to access your engine management has version updates etc, if they see it is different then Im sure they will question?

This was a problem with Vauxhall, as a large number of owners re-mapped their VXR's and they voided their warranty etc.

I'd be interested to see other responses though as Ive been thinking of a re-map/chip to improve mine.. (Diesel though)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no expert, but I'm sure that it is traceable, the Plug In that alfa would use to access your engine management has version updates etc, if they see it is different then Im sure they will question?
I agree!
That is what I am thinking! It is common sense.
I mean, when the alfa engineers plug the car into their computer, they will see that someone was "messing around" with the ECU.

Anyway, I already ask this question and I am waitting for a clear, convincing answer.

Perhaps I should post this Thread into the "tuning & upgrades" Forum. I don't see to get many replies here.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Apparently very hard to detect although amount of "flashes" can be easily checked. But say your car has had 3 flashes this does not mean much as dealer could have added updates.

I am just going with what I have read on here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
en na to kamis na petasi re koumbare?en aksizi ton kopo na piraksis to ecu pano se aftokinito normal-aspirate.i diafora ginete pano se turbo je supercharged konda sta 30bhp.pano stin 2.2 ate na sou kami 8-10bhp diafora.so en theli tipote:p.en mboris na kamis polla pramata.....

sorry for the language its greek!:pjust said that a remap will not do much on a normal-aspirate so its not worth it:D .

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
en na to kamis na petasi re koumbare?en aksizi ton kopo na piraksis to ecu pano se aftokinito normal-aspirate.i diafora ginete pano se turbo je supercharged konda sta 30bhp.pano stin 2.2 ate na sou kami 8-10bhp diafora.so en theli tipote:p.en mboris na kamis polla pramata.....
Ntaksi re koumpare, ennen aeroplano pou thelo na to kamo. Na to beltioso ligo thelo kirios stis xamiles strofes. An ediabases se auto to Forum uparxei ena "thema" me tin 2.2 pou legete "hesitation" stis xamiles strofes

Sorry, had to reply in Greek(Cypriot):D
I just said that, what I am looking with the remap is to increase a bit the BHP and torque. Especially to eliminate this hesitation issue

C

·
0 Posts
I 'have a friend' who has had his car in twice for work (full laptop job) at main dealer and nobody said anything; Angel Tuning say it is 'undetectable' and I tend to believe them. The 2.4 diesel is literally a different car with a remap .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts