Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience of their dealer sending them an official inventory reduction notification? My dealer (Thames Motors Slough) is hosting an 'Upgrade Event' due to shortage of used Mitos. My mito has just come out of the dealer warranty period having brought it brand new three years ago.

It just so happens I was having a browse at potential upgrades in general due to a change in circumstances. So a Giulietta could be quite tempting! They claim that they will be offering higher part exchange amounts on Mitos based on the purchase of any new or used 16 registration vehicle. Even a payment match to what was offered in 2013!

Keen to hear people's thoughts here. I will be getting some online valuations (webuyanycar etc) to get an idea of the value but if anyone has any experience or tips etc. it would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with turning up and seeing what deals they have on offer and how far you can push it.

As for value, do everything - Ebay - Auto trader - Gumtree - These should give you a good idea of what the private sale is worth and if Thames really want to sell a new car they will do a good deal. They did me an amazing deal on mine (and dont forget the brand loyalty help too!)

As for the G - i love mine and find it worlds apart from the Mito in certain areas, and with the "new 2016 model" out they should have plenty of new 56 plates hanging about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you can go wrong with turning up and seeing what deals they have on offer and how far you can push it.

As for value, do everything - Ebay - Auto trader - Gumtree - These should give you a good idea of what the private sale is worth and if Thames really want to sell a new car they will do a good deal. They did me an amazing deal on mine (and dont forget the brand loyalty help too!)

As for the G - i love mine and find it worlds apart from the Mito in certain areas, and with the "new 2016 model" out they should have plenty of new 56 plates hanging about.
Thanks bbadger I'm definitely going to do that. To be honest I was looking at other alternatives e.g. Volvo V40 R-Design. The Giulietta just didn't seem worth the upgrade in terms of value for money. That said I do love Alfas and if they can give me something exceptional I'll snap it up. I'm yet to actually drive one so will take any online reviews with a pinch of salt

I've noticed Palmers Alfa Romeo in Hertfordshire is also doing a great offer New ALFA ROMEO GIULIETTA 1.6 JTDM-2 TCT Super at Alfa Romeo Hemel in Hertfordshire

Hopefully I'll find something decent.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Also might be worth thinking:
will you keep the car a long time? therefore want the latest 2016 model?

change again in 3/4 years? where the 2014-2016 model (maybe still) brand new but going cheaper / less depreciation but you dont get uconnect live and what ever else they changed ......badges and wheels??

Let us know how you get on as the new Thames slough show room looks amazing in the pictures.

Palmers really wanted to beat the deal i did with Thames and kept ringing me up, so shop around if your in the mood. Im sure they will be fighting over the sale of a brand new car after Friday so you can get a few more £££ for yours and a few more £££ off a new one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also might be worth thinking:
will you keep the car a long time? therefore want the latest 2016 model?

change again in 3/4 years? where the 2014-2016 model (maybe still) brand new but going cheaper / less depreciation but you dont get uconnect live and what ever else they changed ......badges and wheels??

Let us know how you get on as the new Thames slough show room looks amazing in the pictures.

Palmers really wanted to beat the deal i did with Thames and kept ringing me up, so shop around if your in the mood. Im sure they will be fighting over the sale of a brand new car after Friday so you can get a few more £££ for yours and a few more £££ off a new one.

bbadger - Apologies for the delayed response. First of all let me just express my delight after checking out the Giuliettas. Even the older versions were beautiful inside (QV Line etc). I fell in love with Giulietta!! I didn't actually test drive any so that's the next step. In terms of what I'm looking to do I would look to keep it for 3-4 years at least. I like to look after my Alfa (along with most of us on this forum) as much as possible. I am a bit fussy from the aesthetic side (well it is an Alfa!) so I've got a good idea of what sort of things I want. Speciale trim, red leathers, heated front seats, 6.5inch U-connect, 18inch dark alloys. No need for Bose sound system this time although I've enjoyed it I will be going after market at somewhere like John Kleis.

The main reason for going was to see what sort of deal I could get for my Mito and I was quite happy with what they suggested. So now the next step is test drive. This was nearly a month ago now so Palmers have actually followed up and offered me a test drive and said they could do part exchange too. So I plan to go there next week and at least try it out. Looking at the stats I'm leaning for the 170bhp TCT petrol. Have you driven that? I currently drive a six speed manual Mito so if I didn't enjoy the automatic I could always switch to the 150bhp manual. Read a few things on this forum that have mentioned issues in low gears etc.

Once I've decided on the engine it will be down to which dealership has the best deal. I've noticed a few are having these upgrade events so I wonder if sales are slow?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I Drive a QV line 170 TCT.
also had a 6 speed mito before and just yea....the more i drive the G the better it gets.
Love the damn thing. So comfortable and a good get up and go...not to mention almost 50mpg when cruising on the motorway just below 70.

I did a 4yr 16k mile/yr PCP with a few ££k down and its only £230 a month. I don't see why a similar deal couldn't be done again if not better, and dont forget the Alfa loyalty discount too. My only extra was the flappy paddles though.

And dont forget about HWM in Walton on Thames. good guys and im sure they would beat a good deal by a little bit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Drive a QV line 170 TCT.
also had a 6 speed mito before and just yea....the more i drive the G the better it gets.
Love the damn thing. So comfortable and a good get up and go...not to mention almost 50mpg when cruising on the motorway just below 70.

I did a 4yr 16k mile/yr PCP with a few ££k down and its only £230 a month. I don't see why a similar deal couldn't be done again if not better, and dont forget the Alfa loyalty discount too. My only extra was the flappy paddles though.

And dont forget about HWM in Walton on Thames. good guys and im sure they would beat a good deal by a little bit.
Bbadger so I've finally done it! Went and placed an order today:biglaugh:

I had a test drive with Palmers in Watford (I actually drove the Veloce and boy does that thing fly in Dynamic mode)! Loved the car so started looking on Carwow to see what sort of prices I could get. In the end I had the dealers playing off each other and neither Thames nor Palmers could match the offer from Oxford Alfa Romeo which was nearly 25% off RRP! Got the Speciale TCT 170 (same engine as yours by the sounds of it) with sunroof, leathers and dark alloys.

Now it's just the 12 week wait until delivery. Good thing here is that I get to trade in the Mito and much as I love it I think it's the right time to upgrade. Would highly recommend Carwow if you've not used it before, makes haggling easier and you don't have to visit multiple dealerships. Just go to one for a test drive and feel of the car and then decide on your specs.

Have you got the 6.5 in UConnect system? Any issues? Just reading a few things on the Giulietta page here so hoping there is nothing to worry about!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts