Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:

I am planning to upgrade my Spider 2.0 JTS Braking , Did anyone give any suggestion , which is the best one Brake Discs, and Brake pads. Basiclly I prefer as Original as possible.
And is there any influence of the preformance. And is it need more parts to exchange too , when replace the new one.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I've been thinking of fitting cross-drilled discs, but someone did tell me they can be a bit noisy. Ferdo DS2500 pads (I hope I've remembered that correctly) have been recommended by many on the board :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Have a proper think about what you want, I rushed into a drilled/grooved discs and DS2500 purchase when my brakes were worn because it was a cheap option over stock and I was considering selling the car, whilst yes the setup is better its only marginal, end of the day you still have the single piston caliper and small disc/pad combo, I would have been better off picking up a Brembo or tarox 4 pot caliper kit with bigger discs, larger pad area and braided lines, would have provided a much better setup.

Obviously price is a factor when it coems to these things but in this case you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
NellyWannaGTV said:
The V6 has beefier brakes on the front (I think they are 6 pot), you could always go for those.
4-pot with 305x28mm discs.

You would also need the main suspension upright from a late V6 (the bit the caliper bolts to).

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Ive just changed the fronts to drilled/grooved with sports pads and some new sports pads for the rear. Just short of £300 fitted, all from EBSpares.

Big improvement over the old ones (although they were totally fecked!) and they look pretty too:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for suggestion! And I will search around this imformation and compare with them, Hope I can told you how it go soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just visit EBSpares , I what to know more about , is this Brake Disc can easy fit on my car, ( technical question) my car just change a new wheel ( 17" GTA style ) And am I need to change the Caliper too.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
OK I think you're asking if the replacement items EBSpare sell fit directly to the car??

If so, then YES!

You need to tell them whether your car has the Lucas or ATE brakes (can be done by telling them the Chassis code) and you do not need to change callipers etc.

EBSpares are a very helpful company, so just send them an email :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts