Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make some subtle changes to the front of the junior.

Removed the chrome horizontals, and decided to get the grill re-powder coated. Fitted new clear indicators and chrome finish amber bulbs (to replace the old worn looking orange indicators), and fitted a pair of period correct wipac chrome spotlights (rewired headlamps as well so it all goes through 2 relays rather than the column switch).

All sizes | Alfa gt 1300 junior | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just need some new headlamp bowls now.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have done a light check with my pro light meter, but didn't. I would hope they are brighter, as there will be less voltage drop. Haven't tried them at night yet.

The wiring diagram is on alfabb, do a search for relay headlight.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Interesting change Jamie, personally I think I prefer the bright horizontal bar to lift the grill a little.

Just an aside, are your engine mounts OK?, sump looks to be lower on the passenger side, I think it's supposed to be horizontal.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Here's the current 'look' of my 2000GTV, bit tatty but, it's wearing the grill off my 1750 since the one piece 2000GTV grill met a sticky end one day, as did the Pheasant. :eek:

Spotlights are Cibie Oscars, mounted on little plates screwed to the top of the recess above the valance and propped with adjustable stays. The rear of them sits just inside the recess where the inner lights normally fit. Powered through relays of course and operate using the main beam 'wand', isolated by a separate switch so I can have the normal outer main beams on there own if need be. There is a plastic sheet behind them to reduce water ingress into the engine bay.

The outer headlights are off the 1750 too as a 2000GTV outer doesn't have a main beam for some reason.

The lower part of the valance is black as it was looking shabby.

The Sump guard is a bespoke Aluminium one to my design, it has taken some hard hits over the years and needs straightening... again. :rolleyes:

I like the overall look, but think it would be better with a red valance and somewhat tidier.

IMG_4650 by Ian Mitchell 2012, on Flickr

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an aside, are your engine mounts OK?, sump looks to be lower on the passenger side, I think it's supposed to be horizontal.
Yes, although I keep checking the mounts and the rubbers look ok. I keep meaning to look into it harder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts