Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Happy Man has said we will shortly be getting a new rep for the South West, but before that happens why not take some time to think about what we would like to do within this area?

I know from living throughout the South West that it covers a huge area, so it may be that we are looking at organizing things that are more local, or getting other areas involved, South Wales seem to be pretty active area and they are a stones throw from Bristol and Gloucester

Personally i would love to see a regular monthly get together somewhere, or even have local ones and then maybe every other month have a big South West....

what do you want from AOSW?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I know from living throughout the South West that it covers a huge area, so it may be that we are looking at organizing things that are more local, or getting other areas involved, South Wales seem to be pretty active area and they are a stones throw from Bristol and Gloucester

Personally i would love to see a regular monthly get together somewhere, or even have local ones and then maybe every other month have a big South West....

what do you want from AOSW?
Nice one Jay,:thumbs: :thumbs: I have been hoping for more local meets for a while but never considered it likely due to the extent of region. People don't want to travel too far on a weeknight so more local meets will hopefully tempt them out of the house.
Personally I would travel up to an hour on a weeknight SW meet and currently do this for the WM. For the 'every other month' could I suggest a weekend meet so that people a fair distance away could get there?
Of course deciding upon the venues will be another matter, do you have an idea of who lives where?

·
Registered
381 Posts
meets including drives in our local areas.as we all know we have some good roads to drive if a bit bumpy.in the evening to as there is less traffic.what do you mean by venue?just a spot to meet,somwhere to look around,a motor event to pay to get into.e.g. Castle Combe

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one Jay,:thumbs: :thumbs: I have been hoping for more local meets for a while but never considered it likely due to the extent of region. People don't want to travel too far on a weeknight so more local meets will hopefully tempt them out of the house.
Personally I would travel up to an hour on a weeknight SW meet and currently do this for the WM. For the 'every other month' could I suggest a weekend meet so that people a fair distance away could get there?
Of course deciding upon the venues will be another matter, do you have an idea of who lives where?
Not yet i am working on that one

meets including drives in our local areas.as we all know we have some good roads to drive if a bit bumpy.in the evening to as there is less traffic.what do you mean by venue?just a spot to meet,somwhere to look around,a motor event to pay to get into.e.g. Castle Combe
Ross, there are some good driving roads up near there as well as a few pubs that welcome clubs like ours, my experience of that area is a little old so i may call on you for some help if that's ok?

·
Registered
20 Posts
local meets eh, beach days, beaulieu,the forest,such a long way from home in bournemouth lol. yr right though,it may even tempt me out of the house :p

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
local meets eh, beach days, beaulieu,the forest,such a long way from home in bournemouth lol. yr right though,it may even tempt me out of the house :p
Dorset, Beaulieu will be on the 21st of just, have a look at the thread, if you are interested put your name down :thumbs:

the thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-west/172298-beaulieu-motor-museum.html

I have also made a note to try and organize something within the new forest area during the summer for the dorset guys and gals

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully i will be at the Beaulieu meet.:) more meets in the area would be:cool:
would be good to meet up, i am in the process of trying to put somethings together so we can benefit as many parts of the South West

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm going to "bump' this thread as i am still interested in what you guys would like organised

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
i would love a meet in gloucester or some where close as i have to be up for 5am so early nights for me :) if plent of people was interested i would not mind setting up a monthly meet in gloucester or chelt or maybe birdlip as close to chelt , gloucester , 20 mins from cirencester

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Well as most know I'm in Swindon and well up for regular meets especially a monthly one :D Willing to travel a bit but not too far! Look forward to whats decided, good luck with this Jay :lol:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
hey count me in too...i dont mind travellin a bit to meet up..tho my weekends off are few and far between im sure i can wangle it to get there...

:cheese:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
i would love a meet in gloucester or some where close as i have to be up for 5am so early nights for me :) if plent of people was interested i would not mind setting up a monthly meet in gloucester or chelt or maybe birdlip as close to chelt , gloucester , 20 mins from cirencester
that would be cool John.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts