Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i notice in the latest aroc mag that auto italia have done a feature on the alfasud that will be in a future magazine, our very own dave armstrong has his car featured i see ;) anyone else on here go to the day :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the heads up Kev:thumbs:

Did you see this months AI with the twin engined Sud?

·
Registered
577 Posts
A couple of pics from that day sent to me by dave:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up Kev:thumbs:

Did you see this months AI with the twin engined Sud?
yes, read the article with the twin engined sud & the lancia beta coupe rally replica, looks like it was all done on the same day as the alfasud feature that dave got in on. look forward to seeing the article in an upcoming magazine :thumbs:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes, it was all photgraphed on the same day at Bruntingthorpe. Richard Bremner was there to write the article and drove all our Suds around the track.
You should have seen how quick Mick Colville's twin engined Sud was!
It was professionally photographed and the photos I have seen are stunning (not like my amateur ones). The general Sud feature is in next months Auto Italia. I can't wait!:)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
i missed it then:cry:
maybe next time, anyone going to auto italia in april next year at brooklands.
I'm guessing this sort of thing is "by special invitation", so there won't have been a big fuss beforehand. Good to hear that Mick's crazy machines will both be featured, sounds like the slipping clutch on engine #2 has been sorted/didn't make any difference :D

I'll be at Brooklands next year - its my local show, and its always a good turnout :D

Lauren

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'm guessing this sort of thing is "by special invitation", so there won't have been a big fuss beforehand. Good to hear that Mick's crazy machines will both be featured, sounds like the slipping clutch on engine #2 has been sorted/didn't make any difference :D

I'll be at Brooklands next year - its my local show, and its always a good turnout :D

Lauren
see you there than lauren as im not that far from there also and have been before lots of different cars and a good day out.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks for the link Oelholm - gosh, he's a good photographer!

Found Mick's Sud Bimotore and the Lancia Beta, but no sign of the other Suds... still, there's more than enough stuff here to keep me happy...:D

Lauren

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
have a look on page 23 on his site, 3 pics from the shoot with dave himself driving his 'sud :cool:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
auto italia mag arrived today, just had to read the article now straight in from work ;) nice pics of the suds, but a bit dissapointed that there isn't much write up on each cars, some barely get a mention :( more a history of the alfasud
better than nothing though, and nice to hear that they are still held in high regard as the benchmark for a good handling car :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Just got this and was quite pleased with the article, found it much better than the one they done on Sprints a while back. Only dissapointment was not seeing a series 1 Ti in there somewhere especially when Mr Bremner used to have one himself :(

Also it seems to me Suds have been getting a lot more attention over the last while in the press or is it just my imagination.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Actually come to think of it this Dave Armstrong geezer is getting very popular also, we must keep an eye out for him and his Sud in a future edition of Hello magazine :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Just got this and was quite pleased with the article, found it much better than the one they done on Sprints a while back. Only dissapointment was not seeing a series 1 Ti in there somewhere especially when Mr Bremner used to have one himself :(

Also it seems to me Suds have been getting a lot more attention over the last while in the press or is it just my imagination.
if some other magazine wants to do a feature on suds i would be up for taking my car ,maybe me and you sudsonic in our white sud tis all we need is someone with a white series three sud ti.:thumbs:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Actually come to think of it this Dave Armstrong geezer is getting very popular also, we must keep an eye out for him and his Sud in a future edition of Hello magazine :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is funny you should say that.

When Jordan and I get married next month we have already sold our story to Hello magazine. The wedding car will of course be the Sud:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts