Alfa Romeo Forum banner

up my ass

1K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  coyotes_uk 
#1 ·
now the thing i do not understand is when iam sitting in traffic why WHY do people insist on moving forward so they are nealy sitting on top of me i do not understand it they ar not getting any faster??? i always leave a gap in front of me???

thanks for reading :)

G
#9 ·
If everyone bunched up, traffic queues would be a lot shorter - same amount of cars but in a shorter space = less blocked junctions.

Why worry about people sitting too close unless you can't do a hill start and roll back into them. Just ignore them.

#11 ·
Because if someone runs into the back of them then they are straight into the back of you.

I always leave twice as much gap in case someone stops so close I can see their fillings then roll forward a couple of feet.

My driving instructor taught me to stop with enough space so you can see at least a foot of tarmac between you and the car in front, with angles and this this equates to a good sized gap.

#10 ·
Phew, i thought this was another OXO tower thread. :lol:
What Commanderfish said and a 147 rear end is sexier than a Renault Migrane ! Shake that booty !

#12 ·
and if you creep forward a few inches they do likewise :rolleyes:

#16 ·
my driving instructor told me to ready the car to move off even when sat at lights - so I don't take my feet off the pedals, I do use the handbrake though.

#14 ·
They're probably the same dumb@sses that, after they've overtaken you, drop into the gap between you and the car ahead and then slow up, forcing you to also slow or elect to overtake them.:mad:

At this point, if you attemt to overtake, they glare at you and treat your overtaking as a challenge to a speed duel, speeding up and matching your speed so you either have to drop back in behind them again, at which point they slow up :rant: :mad: , or you have to hoof it and leave them behind (easy done and much fun :) , but not what I really wanted to set out to do).

Oooops, sorry for the thread hijack

#15 ·
People who do this really **** me off!!!!! I know I shouldn't but...............if someone does that to me then I don't move when the traffic does and wait untill they get fed up waiting and have to reverse to go round me, just as they reverse I pull off!!! Needless to say they aren't too impressed but they keep there distance afterwards!! Wheels and tarmac!!!!

You HAVE to leave a gap, same reason GhostyDog gave but also if someone does breakdown, you'd have to reverse up to get round them!!

G
#17 ·
On the general subject of personal space, one of the few times I have really, really (no, I mean really) wanted to kick a car door in was when a proximity alarm went off in said car which triggered a voice saying "You are too close to the car. Move away or the alarm will sound" when I was on the pavement minding my own business.

A bunch of kids kept it very busy, as you'd expect.

#18 ·
People who leave a massive gap are nearly as bad... As mentioned above, traffic queue could be alot shorter if people bunced up a bit. I don't have a problem with people being close behind traffic as long as there is a few feet gap. Its when they get close when I am moving along that annoys me.

#19 ·
Oops that would be me! Sorry! I always leave a gap, so I can hopefully crawl forward on tickover and by the time I catch up, the queue is moving again. To me, this means you're constantly moving, albeit slowly, and means everybody isn't constantly stop-starting, which is the real pain in the ar5e.

#22 ·
it anoys the hell out of me when people sit right up my arse in a queue, back off moron. but i also get anoyed when the idiot in front leaves a massive gap leaving you stranded blocking the junction:rolleyes: i always leave enough of a gap so that i can pull out around the guy in front incase he breaksdown or several heavily armed guys get out with the intention of shooting me.

#23 ·
Around here it gets frustrating when people leave 2-3 :eek: car lengths in front of them and the next car. Very annoying to miss the light cause they've stopped so far back. (they always make the light, of course :rolleyes:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.