Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now the thing i do not understand is when iam sitting in traffic why WHY do people insist on moving forward so they are nealy sitting on top of me i do not understand it they ar not getting any faster??? i always leave a gap in front of me???

thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Get out and give them a "Dirty Sanchez" :eek: :cheese:

D

·
0 Posts
If everyone bunched up, traffic queues would be a lot shorter - same amount of cars but in a shorter space = less blocked junctions.

Why worry about people sitting too close unless you can't do a hill start and roll back into them. Just ignore them.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Phew, i thought this was another OXO tower thread. :lol:
What Commanderfish said and a 147 rear end is sexier than a Renault Migrane ! Shake that booty !

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
If everyone bunched up, traffic queues would be a lot shorter - same amount of cars but in a shorter space = less blocked junctions.

Why worry about people sitting too close unless you can't do a hill start and roll back into them. Just ignore them.
Because if someone runs into the back of them then they are straight into the back of you.

I always leave twice as much gap in case someone stops so close I can see their fillings then roll forward a couple of feet.

My driving instructor taught me to stop with enough space so you can see at least a foot of tarmac between you and the car in front, with angles and this this equates to a good sized gap.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
and if you creep forward a few inches they do likewise :rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
They're probably the same [email protected] that, after they've overtaken you, drop into the gap between you and the car ahead and then slow up, forcing you to also slow or elect to overtake them.:mad:

At this point, if you attemt to overtake, they glare at you and treat your overtaking as a challenge to a speed duel, speeding up and matching your speed so you either have to drop back in behind them again, at which point they slow up :rant: :mad: , or you have to hoof it and leave them behind (easy done and much fun :) , but not what I really wanted to set out to do).

Oooops, sorry for the thread hijack

·
Registered
343 Posts
People who do this really **** me off!!!!! I know I shouldn't but...............if someone does that to me then I don't move when the traffic does and wait untill they get fed up waiting and have to reverse to go round me, just as they reverse I pull off!!! Needless to say they aren't too impressed but they keep there distance afterwards!! Wheels and tarmac!!!!

You HAVE to leave a gap, same reason GhostyDog gave but also if someone does breakdown, you'd have to reverse up to get round them!!

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Not always, lots of people do actually put their handbrake on when they stop and take their feet of the pedals
my driving instructor told me to ready the car to move off even when sat at lights - so I don't take my feet off the pedals, I do use the handbrake though.

E

·
0 Posts
On the general subject of personal space, one of the few times I have really, really (no, I mean really) wanted to kick a car door in was when a proximity alarm went off in said car which triggered a voice saying "You are too close to the car. Move away or the alarm will sound" when I was on the pavement minding my own business.

A bunch of kids kept it very busy, as you'd expect.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
People who leave a massive gap are nearly as bad... As mentioned above, traffic queue could be alot shorter if people bunced up a bit. I don't have a problem with people being close behind traffic as long as there is a few feet gap. Its when they get close when I am moving along that annoys me.

·
Registered
499 Posts
People who leave a massive gap are nearly as bad... As mentioned above, traffic queue could be alot shorter if people bunced up a bit. I don't have a problem with people being close behind traffic as long as there is a few feet gap. Its when they get close when I am moving along that annoys me.
Oops that would be me! Sorry! I always leave a gap, so I can hopefully crawl forward on tickover and by the time I catch up, the queue is moving again. To me, this means you're constantly moving, albeit slowly, and means everybody isn't constantly stop-starting, which is the real pain in the ar5e.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oops that would be me! Sorry! I always leave a gap, so I can hopefully crawl forward on tickover and by the time I catch up, the queue is moving again. To me, this means you're constantly moving, albeit slowly, and means everybody isn't constantly stop-starting, which is the real pain in the ar5e.
amen :lol: i do that all the time every morning lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts