Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Unwanted Prize Less than a week old

897 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  MOSTR0 
G
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

My heart sank when I saw the following advertisment iin our local Newspaper classified website:
The AGE - Australia

So even though you wouldn't want to keep the car long term, why get rid of it straight away? Why not enjoy it for a month or so?

Stefan

G
#3 ·
I've always wanted to physically harm people who win a car and then sell it. I think these guys are professional competiton enterers though; they support their life by winning prizes, selling the high value ones and living off whatever else comes in (i.e baked beans for life competition; toilet paper for life etc etc). There was a programme on the TV (that I won!) a few years back. They were a little odd, these people; not my cup of tea

g

G
#5 ·
Well I know a guy who bought a Black Manual 147 from Adelaide, South Australia, that was won in a competition.

He actually saved about $6,000 on the purchase and had the pleasure of driving it back to Melbourne!

I actually entered a phone competition for a 147 in November from 'InStyle' magazine. You could email them (a really stupid move on their behalf) or call them.

I emailed them about 500 times (each using a different email address as I own a handful of domain names!) and called about 250 times.

Then some other ***** won the car!!

So, we were forced to buy one!

And Stef, we pick it up Saturday morning!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.