Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not so much of a problem but I would love to get to the bottom of it as its been making this noise ever since i changed the engine back in the summer of 2010.

27092011024 - YouTube

It starts from cold without a sound and jut makes the sweet 5 pot grumble, then once warmed up a bit, say 70 degrees it gets louder - this video shows it while its around the 60 degree mark and develops a slight ticking which you can hear when i move towards the injectors.

Then sounds like this when near 90 degrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2y8jnfbsrI

The pulleys for the belt were changed roughly 10k ago, the clutch was changed the other day and i cant think of any other thing that would cause the noise, I know its not bottom end as Ive inspected the sump and found nothing but healthy oil - Ive tried injector cleaner which did nothing, Ive tried using that more expensive diesel to see if it makes a difference which it didnt. Another poster had a similar problem a while back and it turned out to be that the timing was out, Ive had the belt replaced twice since then and the noise hasnt gone so im unsure. I had noticed a flat spot when flooring it, but since i changed the intercooler that problem seems to have gone.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
No one? Car is going back in next week to get the diagnoses.. just dont really fancy a **** and bull story about the engine sounding fine etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts