Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
In an interesting twist of fate that I think is up there with other accidental discoveries like the microwave and penicillin, today at work I dropped a Panasonic FM-Z1 toughpad and believe I have now proved the following...

1. When you drop a tablet it will land screen side down.
2. If it lands screen side down, it will land on something hard and pointy.
3. A Panasonic Touchpad is not as tough as the name suggests.

Tomorrow in further follow up research I intend to butter the back of another Toughpad and drop it. I suspect that it will land on its side.

Reactions: Starkers

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Further research suggests that a tablet when dropped will land screen side up if the screen is broken but screen side down if the screen is intact.

In addition, it seems that butter and lithium batteries are not a good mix. And in an entirely unrelated incident preliminary findings suggest that when randomly selecting one of three fire extinguishers, the first will be unsuitable for the type of fire you have, the second will be empty and the third will be the correct one.

However I think we might be straying off the original topic of Sod’s Law and getting into Cole’s Law.

Reactions: Toronto Spider

·
Administrator
45,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
There's an extension of that - if you're trying to plug in to a USB socket which is awkward to reach, or you can't see properly yourself, then the superposition will remain for up to 5 or 6 rotations.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts