Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who on here,if anyone is brave enough to be running around with an unsilenced centre section on an aftermarket SS exhaust (decatted if poss)? What are the results and what is it like to live with?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
She has some fluffy ear muffs to wear lol.

People who don't like cars moan because the wizard exhaust means you get a lot of high pitched noise. With a normal backbox it would just be very boomy.

I don't use my car daily but I have found it annoying on long runs

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
Completely unsilenced on a Gtv V6 here. Rather noisy and a bit much on long trips

Has been known to register 109dB on track days :eek:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Equal length downpipes, straight through unsilenced de-cat, and unsilenced wizard cat back. I've got used to it and it has settled down, sounds good full throttle, but low rev light throttle bit of metallic rattle, sounded much nicer with standard centre cats in place.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Panic - buy unsilenced pipe, fit it, see if u like noise or not, if u dont, put the silencer back on and sell pipe on ebay, if u like it, keep it. Simples. :)
yeah think that is what I am gonna do. nothing ventured and all that.............

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Equal length downpipes, straight through unsilenced de-cat, and unsilenced wizard cat back. I've got used to it and it has settled down, sounds good full throttle, but low rev light throttle bit of metallic rattle, sounded much nicer with standard centre cats in place.
Sounds very similar to mine. I think it needs a bit more mass to it to take the edge off.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I found that with my 2.5 V6 and the wizard exhaust that with a decat it didnt sound good. I then had a sport cat which sounded fine but a bit loud and now I'm using the standard centre cat. So my car is basically just the centre cat and the wizard cat back exhaust.................and I love the sound :cool:

Alfa 156 V6 with Wizard exhaust - YouTube

I think this was with the Sport cat fitted, might be a bit loud for some but with a centre silencer / or cat then its fine

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I'm running a Scorpion GTA decat, unsilenced centre pipe (from 2.4 JTD) and a Supersprint backbox on my 3.0 156 and it isn't too intrusive at all. The Supersprint is quite a quiet box anyway though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was running with standard front pipes and cats (2.5 V6 CF3 version), Ragazzon straight through centre pipe and Ragazzon silenced rear with twin round tailpipes. Pleased with the sound at cruising speeds, sounded fantastic on acceleration, popped on the overrun ;). However, I found it to be a bit intrusive around town so refitted the standard silenced centre...........it didn't make any difference whatsoever so must be a characteristic of the rear silencer. Unfortunately, I've since found that the front pipe from the front cylinder bank has a cracked weld joint so won't be refitting the centre pipe until I get that repaired. I am considering ordering the Ragazzon silenced centre which may more compliment the rear, assuming Gazella can deliver it in a reasonable time frame that is:lol:
Sports exhausts are horses for courses really.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now fitted. Not a huge difference but deffo a deeper warble on tickover. Actually sounds quiter at 3000rpm in 6th.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
will get around to it. even have a plan to film 1 very close up while at full chat on the open road..:thumbs: If i can get the camera to stay in place that is....:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts