Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Companies selling expensive goods who don't answer the phone with the company name.... or even try to sound professional drive me insane. No I won't part with hundreds of pounds when I have to say ' Oh sorry, this is *********** ltd is it??' because they answer with a non enthusiastic and muffled 'hullo' as if you ringing is the most inconvenient part of their day.

If you want me to spend hundreds of pounds with you..... SHAPE UP you lazy, unprofessional FOOLS.

Oh and when you say phone lines open at 11:30am :)rolleyes: halfway through the day) I don't expect at 11.40am to still be listening to your... I'm sorry but our phone lines are closed until 11:30am.

:mad::mad::rant::rant::rant:

ahhh never used the rant room before..... it's good! Feel much better now :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
Phew.... is it safe in here yet :eek:

:p

J

·
0 Posts
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Companies selling expensive goods who don't answer the phone with the company name.... or even try to sound professional drive me insane. No I won't part with hundreds of pounds when I have to say ' Oh sorry, this is *********** ltd is it??' because they answer with a non enthusiastic and muffled 'hullo' as if you ringing is the most inconvenient part of their day.

If you want me to spend hundreds of pounds with you..... SHAPE UP you lazy, unprofessional FOOLS.

Oh and when you say phone lines open at 11:30am :)rolleyes: halfway through the day) I don't expect at 11.40am to still be listening to your... I'm sorry but our phone lines are closed until 11:30am.

:mad::mad::rant::rant::rant:

ahhh never used the rant room before..... it's good! Feel much better now :thumbs:
yep, there are so many out there who have no concept of the damage this does to their image, and then they moan when business is slack :rolleyes:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, there are so many out there who have no concept of the damage this does to their image, and then they moan when business is slack :rolleyes:
I know!!! Drives me insane! And when you ask them a question....for example, regarding refund policies which they should blinking well know etc they just seem to make it up as they go along.... continuing in a muffled cant be bothered tone! RAAAGGGHHHH! I work hard in my job to be bright and cheerful on the phone trying to sound professional and helpful etc... so I expect the same in return.

Name and shame?! Ah it's not anything to do with Alfa's..... its two online shops I called regarding my boyfriends xmas present.... I only wanted to know if the return policy was extended for christmas presents.... just incase he hates it!

So from now on chaps I want you all to be extra helpful and professional on the phone just incase one day you get me on the other end! Thank you ;) :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
I know!!! Drives me insane! And when you ask them a question....for example, regarding refund policies which they should blinking well know etc they just seem to make it up as they go along.... continuing in a muffled cant be bothered tone! RAAAGGGHHHH! I work hard in my job to be bright and cheerful on the phone trying to sound professional and helpful etc... so I expect the same in return.

Name and shame?! Ah it's not anything to do with Alfa's..... its two online shops I called regarding my boyfriends xmas present.... I only wanted to know if the return policy was extended for christmas presents.... just incase he hates it!

So from now on chaps I want you all to be extra helpful and professional on the phone just incase one day you get me on the other end! Thank you ;) :thumbs:
Have you got my number :eek: ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have to agree conpanies who don't answer in their company name really bugs me, now I;m self employed, own a logistics company, and the phone is always answered in the company name, problem is I now always answer it the same way to friends and family lol

As they say every little helps and when you answer the phone thats often the first impression a client ges of you.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
years ago, if you phoned the Financial Times, the well-bred sounding receptionist would answer the phone with:

'Financial Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimes'

In moments of juvenile behaviour, Friday fun was dialing the number, and leaving the phone on hands free for us all to kill ourselves laughing. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Have you got my number :eek: ;)
what this for 'Bradders ladypagers'

now for that i would recommend a effeminate voice with a bit of a focus on the 'lady'

'Hi Welcome to Bradders Laaadypagers'

:cheese:

BTW, don't even think about asking me to do the voice....it will sound like the wurzles ;)

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
what this for 'Bradders ladypagers'

now for that i would recommend a effeminate voice with a bit of a focus on the 'lady'

'Hi Welcome to Bradders Laaadypagers'

:cheese:

BTW, don't even think about asking me to do the voice....it will sound like the wurzles ;)
you stick to what ya know lad :p

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I am having this problem with my company line. I have it directed to my home or mobile depending on where I am. In case its school or my father I never answer with the company name. Just Good morning/afternoon etc, Lynn speaking, how can I help?

I sound quite posh at times. :D

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
Ya can't beat a good posh telephone voice Cc :D

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Ya can't beat a good posh telephone voice Cc :D
Mine is somewhat less posh than it used to be, but I had lessons when I was younger as my mother didn't think I should sound like all my friends with cockney accents. So I was sent away to a posh girls school for a bit. lol

I do hate having to ring companies though, I have to say most of the places I deal with are really friendly but that I think is the area I work in altogether really.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am having this problem with my company line. I have it directed to my home or mobile depending on where I am. In case its school or my father I never answer with the company name. Just Good morning/afternoon etc, Lynn speaking, how can I help?

I sound quite posh at times. :D

Like you say... you make the effort to sound professional even though you can't always say the company name ... thats fine and completely acceptable.

Its the ones that speak like you have just rang tham at 4am or somthing..... or as if they have just found a ringing phone in a bus shelter and decided to answer it! :lol:

I did finally get through to a good company at last who not only answered the phone in a way that gave me confidence that they were a proper company... but he was also very up to speed with the product he was selling with plenty of advice.
Even said that if it was a crimbo pressie thatt he other half wasn't keen on... I can return it with no problems. Most friendly chap :thumbs:
I did actually praise him on the phone explaining my other experience of other companies (see my 1st post!) and congratulated him :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
don't you go saying what you've bought and go spoiling my christmas present suprise now :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts