Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the third race, The young Irish driver Eoin Murray in the privateer Alfa Romeo team was running in third place, mixing it with the Work's teams, when out came the rain. He unfortunately lost the back end going into redgate and spun out, ditched in the gravel trap. But hey, at least he was up there running well.
Good luck next race.

D

·
0 Posts
I couldn't believe it when that happend he would have been on to a very solid 3rd place which would have been a major confidence booster for him.

Shame really.

Damien

·
Administrator
87,183 Posts
I was really hoping he was going to get a podium. Still at least next time out he will have even less weight on board. :)

E

·
0 Posts
Yeah a real shame, it was good to see an alfa doing well in the BTCC again.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yup, down to 15kg ballast (and then same as other S2000's meet after), was 30kg at Donny. Snetterton could be a good circuit for the Alfa, and I'm expecting good things.

£20 says he'll get a podium before the Season's out, any takers ? :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
With performances like those, he surely must get on the podium before the end of the season.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bad news for Mr Murray according to Autosport mag.

His team has used up the budget for the next meeting at Knockhill repairing the damage to his 156 sustained at Snetterton when he hit Matt Neal who was rejoining the track.

He should be back at Brands at the end of September.

·
Registered
157 Posts
he is gonna find it harder if the 4 new cars on the grid (3 new lexus and an astra sports hatch) are quick too and with paul o'neil bak for techspeed with the old astra that fiona legate has been racing this year, it may not be as easy. There could be 26 cars on the grid if mark proctor and the slower alfa are on the grid so lots of crashes! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts