Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after the last few trips when parked up she's leaking fluid.

Sometimes a drop and sometimes as much as this.

Thing is I've no idea where it's coming from. The oil level, water level, brake fluid and power steering fluid are all on the max level and unmoved.

Problem is that it's splattered all under the engine so I can't trace the leak.

Sometimes the fluid is a darker brown like the above picture and then some times it's clearer with a slight green tint.

It seems to be coming from front offside but not oil cooler that's bone dry. Along with a small drip to front nearside.

The only thing I can think of is its the aircon which has a known leak and not working.

Any thoughts ??

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my helpful neighbour round and we think it's weeping from the Cam cover gasket seal. As they is evidence of a leak there but the weird thing is the oil level has dropped from what I can see.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
That one nice garage you have there!! :)

Looking at the pic of the fluid it looks to thin for oil?? More watery? Is it defiantly oil?

Hard to say where it is coming from, I had a similar leak and turned out to be nothing more the rain water trapped in the car, then when I drive off it was like it was peeing out water and it was my wife that spotted it. What about maybe something todo with the air con?

A tip I was given on this forum a few years ago to trace down a coolant leak was at night take the car for a blast and get it hot, then in the dark pop the bonnet and shine a touch light over the pipes and you will find the leak even if it's a small hole, it will show up steam under the light were the leak is.

If it oil, most common places on the v6, oil cooler and pipes, sump and sump plug, rocket cover, not sure about the v6 but the crankcase seal was a common one on the ts.

Saying that far right on the engine, closer to coolant tank but also the clutch slave ontop of the gearbox and running down

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To update and for future reference the leak was coming from the rocket cover gasket seal. Not too painful a job to fix thankfully

1 - 8 of 8 Posts