Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1997 2.0 ts GTV is showing an unknown fault code of 00000, any body any idea what this is?

I'm using a very good mates snap on diagnostic equipment, and it is only showing 1 fault in the air coolent sensor for the engine management, which after replacing is still showing the temp to be running at -32, and making the fuel managment run at rich most of the time.

the only other thing is the air bag light on, can anybody shed any light on this i would be very gratefull

Nick

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My 1997 2.0 ts GTV is showing an unknown fault code of 00000, any body any idea what this is?

I'm using a very good mates snap on diagnostic equipment, and it is only showing 1 fault in the air coolent sensor for the engine management, which after replacing is still showing the temp to be running at -32, and making the fuel managment run at rich most of the time.

the only other thing is the air bag light on, can anybody shed any light on this i would be very gratefull

Nick
Can only help with the airbag light, its common, if there is a break in power, flat battery, disconnected part of the system etc it will come on, can be re-set but will cost about 30-40 quid, most owners put a bit of black tape over the light!, the airbags still operate in a crash were told.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If the airbag failure light is on, the airbags WILL NOT deploy in the event of an accident.
The problem is usually a bad connection in the plug under the front seats, but the system needs resetting with a diagnostic machine.
With regard to the engine management fault, is it the air temp or water temp thats causing an error?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Cant think of who it was but a couple of weeks ago someone had a frontal, his airbag light was on and they did deploy,I'm sure he will shout up if reading this, not the first report of this being the case, i will check further into this (the connections under the seats are for the pre tensioners arent they?, stand to be corrected).

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Had a search though the forums and found just as many people saying it would deploy as saying it wouldn't, 156 owner saying his bags deployed with light on, i know someone recently with a GTV posted the same findings but Alfa workshops fault diagnosis tool states quite clearly that if the light is on the system is OFF!, therefore the only safe route is to assume that its off as FO stated above and get it re set.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah, I made a bit of a sweeping statement there... but I'm pretty sure that with the older airbag systems (like those fitted to 916 GTV/Spiders, if the light is on, they won't work.
The connectors under the seat are for the pretensioners. The connector onto the actual pretensioner can sometimes cause trouble too; they are yellow in colour and can be found under a black plastic cover by the seatbelt hasp.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the airbag failure light is on, the airbags WILL NOT deploy in the event of an accident.
The problem is usually a bad connection in the plug under the front seats, but the system needs resetting with a diagnostic machine.
With regard to the engine management fault, is it the air temp or water temp thats causing an error?
Water temp sensor. It has been replaced, we are thinking it's a broken wire, just need to get hold of a wireing diagram to fix it. Air bag light is not a problem, we're thinking it's the module under the back seats where the diagnostics plug is. Oh.......the car was a cat d a few years back, the usual problem with the bonnet coming open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts