Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I’ve recently purchased a Sony AVX-AX100 to replace the standard Blaupunkt radio. To prevent cutting in the existing wires I would like to connect the new Sony with adapters to the cable harness of the MiTo. But unfortunately I don’t understand the function of the original connections on the Blaupunkt radio.

Some details of the existing radio:
Blaupunkt Alfa 955 DDA (7 649 365 316)
Fiat 156 091 909 0

The car is a LHD Alfa Romeo MiTo 155TB (2009) and is not fitted with Blue and Me, the Bose system or the steering wheel control.

Can someone explain me what the function is of the two connections showed on the pictures?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately my MiTo is not equipped with steering wheel controls.

On the picture below (borrowed from the internet) you can see a similar MiTo radio, but this particular one is not equipped with both of the connections.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
2 is the aerial and possibly needs an adaptor to connect to your Sony.

As for chopping wires, try getting an ISO adaptor to avoid that as if you come to sell the car and want to keep the Sony it's messed up for the new owner ..

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I'd say that given their proximity to each other they they are both aerial connections. One for DAB and one for FM maybe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@gazza82: No, I don’t want to change anything to the existing wires of the MiTo. Everything is going to be connected by adapters, that is the reason why I need to know what the purpose is of the two connections. At least one of them must be the aerial, but what is the other one?
@Rockhopper: That could be the answer, but this is a radio from 2008 and as far as I know they don’t have a DAB receiver. Is it possible that they have splitted AM and FM signals?

Last week I’ve contacted Blaupunkt and Alfa Romeo for more information about the connection on the radio, today I received a reaction from Blaupunkt. They say because the radio is an OEM unit they have no information available unfortunately. From Alfa Romeo I have not received a response yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts