Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On acting on advice from many, I took my Brera into my local Alfa Dealership to check the PAS system and steering rack and to get the PAS fluid changed to the 'proper' green stuff (a topic of great debate on the 159/Brera forum). I also asked them to check the brakes as they felt a bit spongy.

A couple of hours later I picked the car up - nothing wrong with the brakes but they had bled the system, but I did need the PAS fluid changing, though they didn't have any in stock. I hadn't been charged and I drove my car away (no paperwork).

Cut to 2 weeks later, when they finally had the fluid in. I had spoken to the Service Manager, and he reckoned around £50 for the fluid plus labour - not great but ok. When I went to pick the car up, he said he'd ave to charge me for changing the brake fluid as well, and the labour that goes with it from my last visit!

There was no mention of a charge, I had not asked for te fluid to be changed and I was told there was nothing wrong with the brakes at the time. This charge double the overall cost to £109.20. The excuse? "I wasn't here the last time the car was in, sir, and you should've been charged."

I grudgingly paid, but I am far from happy. I intent to write to ARUK with a strongly worded letter, highlighting by displeasure, but does anyone have any tips as to how I should go about it?

Surely this isn't right - I actually do feel like Ihave been robbed!

Any advice grateful,

Cheers,

Max

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stealers are Stealers, and Main Stealers are no exception :lol:.

I am struggling to believe that an Alfa Main Stealer doesn't have Alfa PAS fluid?! What kind of cowboy operation are they?! They probably don't have any coolant or washer fluid, either :)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I would write to the dealer principal in the first instance. Phone the dealer up, find out their name and then send your letter. I can't see that ARUK would add a great deal at this stage, since you have a complaint with the dealer that the dealer should (by rights) be able to resolve.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I would write to the dealer principal in the first instance. Phone the dealer up, find out their name and then send your letter. I can't see that ARUK would add a great deal at this stage, since you have a complaint with the dealer that the dealer should (by rights) be able to resolve.

Ralf S.
Quite right ^^^

ARUK would kindly refer you back to the dealer, I find that a detailed letter in the first instance will fill everyone in on what has happened and then give them the chance to answer, don't get straight on the phone badgering them but rather point out in the letter that until the issue is resolved to your satifaction you will refrain from using the dealer again, don't use it as a threat just make them aware:thumbs:
You'll probably find that properly educated they will see that you should have been invoiced at the correct time and not on the next visit.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

Yeah, I think you're probably right. I'll write to the dealer in the first instance and see what kind of response I get!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts