Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just recently I learned about a piece of diagnostic software comparable with Alfadiag , its called unidiag and can be downloaded for free (!) it covers the JTD engines of Alfa and Fiat. I can still provide the interface cable to make it work , PM me if you are interested.

Reactions: henryme

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Sounds very interesting ... do you have a link for download? (I already have a cable :thumbs:)

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Nope, works on my TS as well.

You need to join the author's Yahoo group to be able to download it. Doesn't cost anything to do so though.

UniDiag : UniDiag

There's also KWPdiag (by the same guy, I think) that can connect to the older ECUs, albeit on a very basic level. Helped me diagnose my GTV though (when I had it).

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I'ved joined ... just waiting for approval ... do you know if the software is open source???

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I don't think it's open source...I've not really looked into it, or joined in with any of the discussions, but I think the author keeps the source closed.

He may have co-developers though...or be on the look-out for some ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I can confirm that Unidiag is well worth a shout if you want a 'quick fix' for things like airbag fault code resets..I finally got it all working today with the Unidiag package (for the main ECU) and with KWP71 (for the airbag). Problem is that in order to connect successfully I spent a lot of time on forums and groups to piece together the correct settings for COM ports etc. When I get more time and if theres folk out there having any problems then I could put my settings/info on a thread so the data is in a single place. For info I am running a 2001 2.0 TS and most importantly I have a very old laptop which disproves certain ideas about CPU needing to be powerful enuff to cope with the usual Windows rubbish as well as managing the USB->Serial comms. The cable I am using is the ECUfix alfadiag USB version which altho' is a little pricy it has ALL 16 pins fitted ready for adding the jumper from pin 3 to 7 for airbag comms.

Cheers to Sander QV on the Undiag Yahoo forum for providing the software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alfapat....I must confess that I haven't registered with the Unidiag forum myself as all the info was available from existing Alfa forums and non-subscriber elements of the unidiag forum which is why I may write some 'centralised' notes to doc my experiences. If I had subscribed maybe I'd have found my answer more quickly but in the process may have learned less.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have two cables with the Airbag mod, PM me if you are interested, they come with an Alfadiag demo on CD and a simple instruction to
emulate COM3 as an RS232 port.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hi all ,

had it working yesterday om my daughter's 147 Jtd , I am using the edc15 def file , there seems to be limited capability - any one found a better def file for Jtd ?

cheers

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HOW MUCH??? :wow: £15 ebay and software is a free download.
did you check the postage from Hong Kong ?! and then the job of fitting a new pin at pos 7 and soldering a lead between 3 and 7 , and then testing the cable ? but I reckon you work for free..:)

moreover Alfadiag is NOT free but costs 50 UKP...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi rarebear,

im interested! have been researching AlfaDiag of late and believe that you have what im after! But! can i just clarify that it will work on a 2.0T.S. Spider 1997, if you tell me where i should be looking i will go and dig out ECU and discover if its the 3 pin or what ever (7!?)

I tried to pm you but i wasnt permitted too by site!:confused:

Regards,

Karma.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my cable is 16 pin (OBDII) but I can provide a 3 pin to 16 pin converter, I have to order it which may take a week. Check if your TS has the 16 pin bus....
cleared my PM's sorry for inconvenience

G

·
I don't suppose that there's any chance that the software/cable will work on a 24Valve 164 (1993 vintage) do you think? All the diagnostic connectors are three pin weatherpoof type.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts