Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mate who keeps threatening to "Tune my car to buggery..."(his words) using a Unichip and rolling road session. He's been doing a lot of R/R work etc with a guy.
Anyway, are Unichips any good, would I expect to see better performance etc than my Squadra.

BTW, this guy is a member of AO.com and is also a matey of J77.

Marlon

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have also squadra chip in my 2.0 T.S. And my Bosch expert who has a lots of experience in racing says that i should use something programmable instead of my squadra chip. But the main reason is that my fuel pressure is lifted by 0,5bar and in the top of rev range mixture gets so rich that it starts to stall. I guess squadra is programmed that way it richens the mixture in high revs but if you do something extra than just the chip should you buy programmable unchip or something other which can be programmed.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
A programmable one should be better since it's tailored to your engine rather than a 'one size fits all' approach. If it's cack, you can always go back to the Squadra and stick the Unichip somewhere dark in the vicinity of you mate!!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try doing a general web search for Unichip, I did a while ago and found one or two bad reports....enough to put me off anyway!

wrinx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts