Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm 13,000kms into the ownership experience and my front passenger side tyre is bald on the outer edge. Front driver's shows fairly significant wear as well, but at least it's even wear.

Pardon if this question if it's been answered before, but I'm just a bit worried that this level of unevenness is a symptom of something worse lurking in the front suspension and my searching hasn't turned up anything helpful.

Please help! :titanic:

·
Registered
92 Posts
New car or new to you?

I'd start with a wheel alignment and get all four wheel hubs checked. Make sure all the tyrpe pressures are correct too.

Worn suspension bushes can cause slight wear also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
if it’s not one that’s been put on to replace a burst, otherwise certainly check the alignment

I had this about a year ago, down to me getting the wrong pressures from a differing version of the Alfa user book ?

·
Registered
40,275 Posts
Ours is doing this now.

The wishbones on ours are quite new but my Mrs is regularly hitting kerbs and potholes so it is likely to be a tracking issue.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
In my experience Alfa's tend to wear on the inner edges of the front tyres first? I don't know if this is the same for the G but outer edge wear seems odd as if toeing out? I would get the car aligned before fitting any new tyres

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.