Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the wheels off my GTV today and noticed that the NSF brake pad is worn unevenly (see picture). Obviously I need to replace the pad, but need to find out what's causing the uneven wear first. I'm guessing that something is sticking and that stripping down the caliper is the best way forward? Anyone had a similar problem?

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
From the pic that looks normal. The top and bottom of the pads are often shampfered to reduce brake squeal.:)

M

·
0 Posts
That's good news. I was just a bit concerned as none of the other 3 pads are worn like this.
I'd say that either....whoever fitted that pad filed it to reduce brake squeal..odd that they didnt do the inner pad though??

...or, the pads are a mixed set.......which is really a no no, but the previous owner may have cut corners to reduce outlay??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...or, the pads are a mixed set.......which is really a no no, but the previous owner may have cut corners to reduce outlay??
I doubt it. I'm the second owner and the first owner was meticulous. Anyway, it's mot and service time soon so I'll find out then.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
It's difficult to tell from that picture, but it may be an optical illusion; the pad could be wearing evenly but the chamfers, on the leading & trailing edges give the appearance that it isn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts