Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Does the V6 have a plastic undertray? Mine hasnt and to be honest I dont think theres room under the car for one. Trouble is I'm gettin water on the alternator belt and its driving me nuts squealing after I've gone through a puddle.

Its in for a service tomorrow so it'll get sorted then anyway but just checking about the undertray.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dunno,

Mine does (2.0)

I know that some people take them off... when i went with my bro to look at 155's when he was lookin for his we noticed alot of them didn't have them, these had been taken/torn off though.

Are there any signs of mounting points for the tray?

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure J, the engine seems to be further down to the ground, thats why I dont think theres room. I've heard some people remove them too. Think its because they sag over time and scrape speed humps etc. Had two on the twinspark, they both sagged. Cant see any obvious mounting points.

I took the first one off to strengthen it as it had gone in the middle. Pop rivetted a metal strip across the front and hey presto no more scraping. But it was FULL of water and weighed a ton, obviousy the reason for the sagging. Might be worth drilling some holes underneath.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunno matey...

i'll take a look at the drilling holes idea... make sense.

how about custom making a whole metal tray with a slight rearward slipe for water to run off, doubles as a skuff/skid plate... hey prsto no more sagging.

That way you get an undertray :D

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi from information i've picked up from previous postings, i think only the post july 1996 1.8 & 2.0 16v have trays fitted.
Cheers

PHIL GLOVER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Phil

Think you're right, just had a look on the parts Cd and it doesnt list one for my V6. Might have to fabricated a watershield wink

wrinx

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Alfa/Fiat had a service annoucement to fix slackening and/or detachment of the engine underbody guard. This seems to apply to 1.8/2.0 16v and to the 2.5TD but no mention of the V6.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got one on my 96 super. Had to modify it to cure the droop but now seems OK. Best to take it off at service time though otherwise it gets covered in oil when you remove the filter. eek!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've seen some with rear trays fitted too!!

Chris: I wonder where that little bit of info came from :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
HI ALL

"how about custom making a whole metal tray with a slight rearward slipe for water to run off, doubles as a skuff/skid plate... hey prsto no more sagging."

JASON IS IN THE RIGHT WAY, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID, BUT I WAS LUCKY AND I BOUGHT AN ORIGINAL PIECE FROM A 155 RACE CAR OF TOURING RACES IN ARGENTINA.
IT FITTED PERFECTLY IN MY 16 VALV.THE PITTY WAS THAT IT WAS THE ONLY SPARE THAT I GOT FROM THAT WONDERFULL CAR.
WITH THIS PIECE YOU CAN RIDE WITHOUT PROBLEMS IN ALL ROADS.
REGARDS
JORGE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts